Thursday, July 14, 2011

Alphabe~Thursday "M" is for "Mony Mony"

Hey all you groovy kids out there, crank up your speakers and get up from your office chairs and dig the beat of this week's Alphabe~Thursday's letter "M". 

I have selected "Mony Mony" by Tommy James and The Shondells from 1968 for your listening pleasure.

Aahhh the 60's....they were soooh groovy. Does anyone remember the Nehru jacket?

The Nehru Jacket was named after Jawaharial Nehru, the first Prime Minister of independent India. Very popular among well known stars such as Tommy James and The Shondells and The Beatles.

Now I don't care if I am dating myself or not....and I am not really one to be a slave to fashion, fad or not, I think the Nehru jacket was way cool!

I'd wear one today if I could find one!

....and some rose colored glasses!

....and love beads.

Aahhh the memories!

I've included the lyrics for you in case you want to rock on....

Mony Mony
Here she comes now, say, Mony, Mony.

Shoot 'em down, turn around, come on, Mony.

Hey, she give me love and I feel all right now.

You gotta toss and turn in the middle of the night,

And I feel all right.

I say Yeah (Yeah) Yeah (Yeah) .........

'Cause you make me feel

(Mony, Mony) so (Mony, Mony) good.(Mony, Mony) ........

Well I feel all right, Yeah (Yeah) Yeah (Yeah) ....

Wake me, shake me, Mony, Mony

Shot gun dead and come on, Mony,

Don't stop cookin', it feels so good Yeah

Hey don't stop now. Hey, come on! Mony,

Come on Mony Yeah!

(Yeah) Yeah (Yeah) Yeah.....

'Cause You make me feel

(Mony, Mony) so (Mony, Mony) good.(Mony, Mony) ........

Well I feel all right, Yeah (Yeah) Yeah (Yeah) ...

Ooh I love you Mony, Mo, Mo, Mony .....

Yeah ......

Come on, ....

Hey don't forget to rock on over to Jenny Matlock's blog (off on my tangent) and check out some other rockin stories about the letter "M".  She's one groovy chick and you can get there by clicking on this link: http://jennymatlock.blogspot.com/2011/07/alphabe-thursdays-letter-m.html
 
Hey, Thanks for stopping by....Ames

23 comments:

Nick Thomas said...

Remember them well!

Judie said...

That jacket was the biggest change in men's fashions anyone had seen in years. Of course, it didn't last, and men went back to their standard uniform. How they ever wear those long pants and jackets in the dead of summer is beyond me! This is such a fun post, Ames! Good work!!!

Splendid Little Stars said...

Yeah, I remember those! I did an aerobics class a few years back and we did a routine to Mony Mony.

Sue said...

1968 is the year I graduated from high school. You've brought back some very good memories...

=)

Cathy Kennedy said...

I loved Tommy James and the Shondells as a kid and still do. There is nothing like the oldies to groove to.

Play Alphabe-Thursday tag. I enjoyed reading your “M” post today!
Check out my recent posts….
M is for Mermaid

~Cathy Kennedy, Children's Author
The Tale of Ole Green Eyes

Gattina said...

Of course I remember that was the time where I partied every weekend, lol !

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

Love it! I love Mony Mony..Had a rad green Nehru jacket that I wore with love beads..

sigh....

Amazing "M" stop...

xxoo,

RMW

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

I remember Mony, Mony and Nehru jackets! Great memories!!!

JDaniel4's Mom said...

I remember this song! I have a summer blouse that looks like a Nehru jacket.

DearHelenHartman said...

Love that song and those glasses! Groovy, Baby, Groo-oo-veee.

jfb57 said...

Fab! My generation! (Hey that's the Who!) ;)

lissa said...

I've heard of the song many times but could never figure all the words! sounds like a Beatles song to me.

have a lovely day.

Dazee Dreamer said...

That song just makes you want to dance. And that would make an awesome shirt. In a really light material.

mom2kiddos said...

I love the Nehru look on guys. And those colored glasses remind me of John Lennon. :D

Paula said...

Such an awesome summer song! The house band in a honky-tonk in the Wyoming town we used to live in ALWAYS played Mony Mony sometime during the night. Fun stuff!

Jo said...

love beads ... i had forgotten about those ... and i was a big fan of the Nehru jacket on guys!!!

Amanda said...

I LIKE that ensemble. In fact I'd wear a Nehru jacket myself!

PⒿ @ $ € € ₦$ ₣®0₥... said...

I love a blogger of my vintage and a blog post that takes me back to days of yore! Oh my gosh, hadn't thought about them for years!

I'm following your blog now. I don't know why I didn't do that before. :)

Nonna Beach said...

Oh, Ames, did this post bring back memories for me. Fabe post !
I totally remember those things, especially the jacket...I thought it looked so sexy, clean and cutting edge!

Andy said...

This is indeed a fun post!

Love the Nehru jacket. It's classic & classy...my kind of style! They are hard to find here, but are readily available in India.

Here's my entry - SWEET MOTHER
http://mypoetcharm.blogspot.com/2011/01/sweet-mother_3982.html

edenhills said...

Groovy post for the letter M!

Teresa

lulumusing said...

Well, this is a clever M and you can use the Nehru jacket next week for N. I'm still trying to look at the world through rose colored glasses but sometimes they don't work!

Jenny said...

What do you mean...'remember' my Nehru jacket? I'm wearing mine right now...along with my bell bottom hip huggers and gold coin belt!

Cute post.

Thanks for the smile!

Hugs and A+