Saturday, June 18, 2011

Saturday Centus #59 ~ We Are Not Alone

Hi all. This week Jeff over at his blog (Tennessee Mudbug http://tennesseemudbug.blogspot.com/ has offered up this week's prompt. It is in red ..."within the stone". I knew right away how I would be using it too.


now onto my contribution.........
~~~~
Sundeep thought he would evaporate in the intense heat. After dismounting his camel, he staggered slightly to get a foothold in the sand.
Dr. Jarhreem led him to an obscure mound of sand covering an outcropping of stone and swore him to secrecy. “What you're about to view you must not disclose to anyone.”

Dr. Jarhreem lowered a camera through a small hole within the stone. What Sundeep saw made him drop to his knees in disbelief. “This changes everything.” he said.

The spaceship was enormous, metal, and covered in hieroglyphics. The skeletal remains were giant, compared to that of an average adult.

~~~~~
Why don't you drop by Jenny Matlock's blog (off on my tangent) and join in on the fun. I promise you won't be alone. You can get there by clicking on this link: http://jennymatlock.blogspot.com/2011/06/saturday-centus-within-stone.html
 
I hope you enjoyed my contribution! Thanks for stopping by.
~Ames

19 comments:

Sue said...

Makes me want to peek through that hole, too!

Nice job, Ames.

=)

Judie said...

Ames, you are such a brat! Don't think we will let you get away with only 100 words!!!
xoxo

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Ames this was very intriguing. I think you should continue the story!!

cj Schlottman said...

Ames, This is wonderful! You crafted this piece into a sort of time travel that is intriguing and has us panting for more. Very well done.

Namaste..........cj

Bookie said...

Wow, created great wonder in readers' minds!

Jingle said...

beautiful imagination.
very dreamy imagery, I mean space ship and more.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It's fun to use your imagination! ♥

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

I love the names and wording of this, Ames. And a spaceship covered in hieroglyphics?! That's awesome. I want to take a ride. (Or do I?) P.S. More please!
xoRobyn

oneoldcowgirl said...

You always make me wish I could read the rest of the story. Sorry I haven't been here for so long but it's good to see you still writing. Love ya.

Amanda said...

Fascinating. Move over Twilight Zone! :)

jeff campbell said...

This is rocking!! Such intrigue...well done...Peace and blessings

daydreamertoo.com said...

Ooooooo
Very good writing!! I wanted to know MORE! LOL

Deb said...

I think you should go ahead and finish the book. I want to know how it ends! I'm intrigued.

Dazee Dreamer said...

ok. I see a movie coming on

CollectIn Texas Gal said...

Yep, Me and Sundeep....evaporating in the HEAT!!! OMGosh....you have such a great flair for keeping the reader intriqued!!!

Thank-you so much for stopping by and commenting on my Picket Fence Garden Shots. I've been away so much lately and missed so much of your blog....but hope to be back for more visits soon. Thanks again for your visits!!!!

Jo said...

omg, you are one creative soul! I want to be peering through that hole!

upinthecosmos said...

Ooooo, the beginning of some good sci fi entries?? Love it:-)

Nonna Beach said...

Whoa Ames, Outstanding story !

You had me reading as fast as I could and your conclusion was epic...left me wanting so much more 'cause I'm a big Scifi fan !!!

Jenny said...

Geez Louise.

Or would that be ...

Geez Ames!

This was wicked cool!

I was worried at first he was just gonna see gravel. Hooray for intriquing endings!