Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Alphabe~Thursday ~ "K" Is For Klingons




Wow Thursday's roll around so fast! This week is all about the letter “K” and the first thing that came to my mind was “Klingons. So I thought I’d share a little history about the Klingons.

Are you a Trekky?

If so, maybe you already know about Klingons.

If not, maybe you don’t care to know about Klingons.

And no they are not the Klingons from Ur…uh never mind.

Whatever.

Uh …..Anyway back to the Klingons.

Did you know?

Klingons were created by screenwriter Gene L. Coon.

They were named after Lieutenant Wilbur Clingan, who served with Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry in the Los Angeles Police Department.

Cool huh?

I think.

Wait ….maybe he didn’t like his Lieutenant?

Oh well….

Anyway, the swarthy look of Klingon males was created with the application of shoe polish and long, thin moustaches.

Low budget eh?



My personal favorite Klingon was Worf.

Worf was a prime example of a virile, yet sensitive Klingon. A true warrior.

Klingons are spiritual people.

Klingons are passionate opera lovers.

Betcha didn’t know! Ha!



~Ames


Would you like to know more about the good ole letter “K”? Then teleport yourself over to Jenny Matlock’s blog (off on my tangent) by clicking here:

http://jennymatlock.blogspot.com/2011/06/alphabe-thursdays-letter-k.html

May the force be with you!


Uh wait….wrong movie.


Thanks for stopping by my blog! ~Ames

(Photo Credits: Wikipedia)

19 comments:

Sue said...

Had to chuckle about your ur.... kind of klingon. That is the one my sons would identify with.

;)

Dazee Dreamer said...

Very good job. That is one thing I would have never have thought of. May the force be with you. wait, wrong one. :)

Judie said...

Hahahaha! You KNOW that I love Star Trek!! We are so much alike!!!! So how could you NOT know????? This is such an excellent "K" word!! I was scrambling around trying to find something that was interesting, and YOU had it ALL ALONG!! Great post, Ames!!!!!

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh that is way tooo cute!!!
XO
Cindy

skoots1mom said...

like me some star trek ...
great K word!

Deb said...

I love Star Trek Generations and I love Worf!

Nonna Beach said...

Excellent Ames !

You couldn't have chosen a more perfect K word for this Trekkie. I still get a kick out of all the low budget stuff original ST show did in make up and sets. For me, the stories each week were the essence of what made it so great !

tidbitsandtreasures2011 said...

I don't consider myself a Trekkie but over the years I've probably seen all the episodes at least once, plus at least a few of the movies.

The Klingons makeup might have been low budget, but I've always thought that Star Trek's communicators were the inspiration for today's cell phones. Now if only someone would invent a transporter!

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

I'm not a trekky, but I think anyone who follows pop culture knows about Klingons! Thanks for the interesting info..opera fans, huh?

JJ said...

Ames: Live long and prosper.

CollectIn Texas Gal said...

And all this time I thought KlingOn was a brand of Seran Wrap! I'm betting you have the 'Best K Post' of the day! I'm sure giving you a BIG OLE A+++!

Amanda said...

I love your pick. But of course I also loved Star Trek. ;) On TV at first and in book form later. (Yes, I actually preferred to readthe stories than watch them. Weird!)

TKAlexzander said...

I was never a trekkie, but my dad watched The Next Generation every day when I was a kid, so I have seen lots of Klingons. I even have a cousin who can speak some of the language!

lissa said...

not a big fan but Worf is an interesting character to watch. my favorite is Data. Worf and Data - two vastly different characters. I'm always amused when watching them in a scene.

lulumusing said...

Hope I get the letters to use your K in Words With Friends! I must confess to not knowing what they were, but now, hey, I got it.

Gattina said...

I must be out of time and definitively have to be updated. I never heard about "Klingons" but it is a nice "K" word, lol !

Our Village is a Little Different said...

Love, love, love this!

Live long, and prosper!

-Catherine

Tes said...

Aww.. you're right, this is something new. Never heard about it. Clever take on K! "May the force be with you" cracked me up. At least, that one I know -hehe. happy 4th, Ames! :)

Jenny said...

Aren't you all kinds of clever? I was never a trekie but even I know about Klingons!

This was a fun read!

Thanks for sharing it.

A+