Saturday, May 21, 2011

Saturday Centus # 55~ The Epiphany

Things are getting back to normal around my place. I have just a few minutes today to play on the computer and I choose to spend it with my fellow Centusians. Ahh to be among fellow writers scratching their heads, tapping their fingers, and wondering what to write. It's a wonderful time spent!

Today's Saturday Centus prompt "the reflection in the mirror" comes from Jenny Matlock's guest, Miz Donna over at her blog (Crazy Daze & Nite Dreams http://dazeedreams.blogspot.com/ 

and now onto my contribution....
~~~~
She looked at the reflection in the mirror and asked “Is it me?”

Tired of her constant self analyzing, she flicked the light off and crawled in bed and pleaded with God.

“Why? Why do those who claim to be my friend use sarcasm on me in front of others? Why do they make me feel that I am less than they are?”

That night Jesus came to her. He said “My child, sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. Surround yourself with positive Godly people. Stop listening to your neighbor. She doesn’t have a Ph.D. in Psychology. I love you just as you are!
~~~~
Don't forget to stop back by Jenny's blog (off on my tangent) and check out some totally awesome stories. You can get there by clicking on this link: http://jennymatlock.blogspot.com/2011/05/saturday-centus-reflection-in-mirror.html

And just so ya know...I love ya just as you are! Thanks for stopping by!~Ames



15 comments:

Amanda said...

Well said. I definitely have to listen to Jesus on this one. *sigh*

Bookie said...

Very postive post from the prompt this morning.

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

My neighbor doesn't either! Have a great weekend:@)

Christine said...

God doesn't judge it's us that judge in the name of God, your post was beautiful, and a tribute to the Jesus voice we all should have.

Judie said...

Ames, I just adore you.

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

That's a sweet, uplifting post - just like you. (PS I'm still scratching my head over the prompt...I don't know if I'll be contributing this week. We'll see.)
xoRobyn

noexcuses said...

Love this! We should mantra this every morning as soon as we wake up!

jfb57 said...

You've made me smile - thank you!

Karen S. said...

Great, great stuff...and so very true!

upinthecosmos said...

but I love sarcasm... LOL... I do! It could be cause I grew up being picked on so I found laughing with them to be a way to get through it and later developed a sarcastic sense of humor. I try not to be mean though, that's just not me... I'm usually the one who still gets the sarcastic jokes tossed her way... LOL

Dazee Dreamer said...

Such great words of wisdom. I really felt her pain.

Mari Sterling Wilbur said...

Love your blog - I'm now following it and hope you will follow me in return.

Regards, Mari

http://www.mariscamera.blogspot.com/

5thsister said...

She should listen to Him. He knows what He is talking about!

jabblog said...

Oh yes! Be who you are and those who don't like it can go elsewhere:-)

Jenny said...

Love this Ames! You have such a way of painting a picture I can see so clearly in my mind! Bravo!