Saturday, May 7, 2011

Saturday Centus # 53 ~ Jumping Geriatrics

Happy Mother's Day! 
~~~
Welcome to another Saturday Centus post. This week is #53 and Jenny Matlock has decided that it's going to be a regular Saturday Centus as usual. No pictures, no tricky prompts. Just 100 words not including the prompt she has provided, and it is in blue: I'd like to teach the world to sing....

and now onto my contribution....
~~~
Ella shook her head “I’d like to teach the world to sing. Good gawd almighty, I think them momma’s dropped a few o’ they babies on they heads if yo a askin me!”

“Oh now Miss Ella, we’ll just change the radio station and I’ll speak with the janitor about his choice in music.” Nurse Darnell suddenly had an epiphany. She patted Ella’s hand and scurried out of the room.

That weekend she wheeled Ella into the home’s dining room, and the High School choir started singing The Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy. It was a toe tapping event with smiles all around, and Ella’s smile was the biggest.
~~~
Okay all you jiving centurians, why don't you jump on over to Jenny's place (off on my tangent) and get yo groove on? You can get there by clicking here: http://jennymatlock.blogspot.com/2011/05/saturday-centus-id-like-to-teach-world.html
 
Thanks for stopping by!~Ames

20 comments:

Nonna Beach said...

Wonderful and touching story!

June Freaking Cleaver said...

Other than a rousing game of Bingo, music is one of the popular activities at the nursing home!

Well done!

Amanda said...

Precious. That book would turn in to a movie quickly, if it were up to me!

Sue said...

Different notes for different folks, right?

Great one!

=)

PS. I messed up on posting my link this week, so here it is:
A Vocal Vocation

Dazee Dreamer said...

ha. another great song. oops my age is showing. even tho I wasn't born yet whent that song was popular. :)

Sweetened by Kagi said...

I love this post! Thank you for stopping by my blog and for the sweet comment. I loved reading through your blog!!! I am now your newest follower, I hope you will follow me too- I look forward to reading your future blog posts :)

Jo said...

wonderful story ... i enjoyed it!!!

JJ said...

Good story. The Andrews Sisters would have loved it too!

Christine said...

I sometimes wonder what the elderly think when they view a music video, never mind what they hear on the radio. Sweet story.

upinthecosmos said...

LOL, great job! Stop in & read Musical Glee

Judie said...

What a sweet and funny post, Ames! Just the sort of thing I have come to expect from you! xoxoxo

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

That's a great, feel good post, Ames. I love the lingo. You're so good with that.
xoRobyn

Splendid Little Stars said...

total FUN!

Karen S. said...

I love the jingle I got reading this....fun little piece, thanks!

cj Schlottman said...

Ames,

I love this sweet story, and you told it so well. Thanks.

Namaste..........cj

jabblog said...

Very sweet:-)

Susannah said...

Nice little story. :-)

The Woodswoman said...

Presently Anything Goes is playing .... that could be me .... good thought nicely done!

Jenny said...

Whenever I read one of your stories, you just suck me right in. I can so clearly visualize what is happening...with a sound track!

Great writing.

Anna said...

There are so many kinds of music! Lovely and touching take on the prompt.
Thank you for your kind words about my SC-text. Sorry that I am late returning the favour. I am behind my character, Sanna. She has aready moved to the new apartment, while I am still packing!

Best wishes & hugs,
Anna
For the benefit of other readers:

Anna's SC-53-Sanna finds her voice