Thursday, May 12, 2011

Alphabe~Thursday "D" is for Dichroic Glass Jewelry

It's Alphabe~Thursday and this week is about the letter "D".  I wanted to share my love of dichroic glass jewelry with you.

Dichroic is pronounced Dye-Cro-Ick. 

This glass is expensive to make, as you can see by some of the artist's designs, it is worth the price.
I have a few pendants and earrings made of dichroic glass. Mostly given to me as gifts. Lucky me! 

Fantastic colors are created through the manipulation of light. These look light and airy and tropical.

I think these are beautiful don't you?

Photo Credit: eBay

Photo Credit: eBay
Photo Credit: eBay

Photo Credit: eBay

Photo Credit: eBay

I hope you will stop by Jenny Matlock's blog (off on my tangent) and check out more post about the letter "D". You can get there by clicking here: http://jennymatlock.blogspot.com/2011/05/alphabe-thursdays-letter-d.html

Thanks for stopping by! ~Ames



14 comments:

Sue said...

Never heard of this kind of glass, but it's lovely!

=)

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

This is new to me but I love it! The colors are beautiful!!!

Sweetened by Kagi said...

I've never heard of this glass either but everything that you have chosen is soo pretty! I am now your newest follower, I hope you will follow me too! I look forward to your future blog posts :)

Birgit said...

I just love dichroic glass, too! :) I have one pendant which I just love to wear -- a gift from a friend. A while ago I found a lovely pendant for my mom as a gift -- eBay is a good way to find such jewelry. :)

Greetings from Germany,
Birgit

Catherine Love said...

Lovely jewelry, I learned a new word today!

Blessings,
Catherine

Judie said...

I LOVE my dichroic glass jewelry!! We have a jewelry artist here in Tucson, Andrea Frost, and I buy her designs exclusively! They are soooo my style!! Thanks for a great post, Ames. And thanks, too, for reading my "lost" post!!

Judie said...

p.s. If you want to see her work, just go to
rabbitsandrainbows.com

cj Schlottman said...

These pieces are gorgeous! I'm really Jonesing for some of this incredible art form.
I knew nothing about it until I read this post. (I do live a sheltered life).

Great post.............cj

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

I love glass jewelry. The colors are so vibrant.
Hugs to you.
xoRobyn

upinthecosmos said...

These are awesome. I too love them but my favorite is that dragonfly... I so love the dragonfly!

JJ said...

I do like the colors in the first one.

Jenny said...

So gorgeous! I love this kind of glass...the shimmer and depth of it is amazing.

I took a class in this once...my stuff was nowhere near as cool as yours is!

Thanks for a beautiful stop this week.

I'm wondering if you we should just re-do D? I think everyone lost their comments!

Thank for linking up!

A+

oneoldcowgirl said...

I love anything made of glass. I don't know why but glass just facinates me, even windows.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love this beautiful jewelry, too! So artistic and one of a kind! ♥