Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Alphabe~Thursday "F" is FOR SALE


This weekend is our community garage sale which is really a large junk seeking extravaganza. I usually don’t even go to my own community garage sales. The one time I went with my neighbor all I saw was a bunch of junk “FOR SALE”. Why it made me ashamed just to say I lived in the same community with these tight wads cheap people. Why I wouldn’t even have donated some of that crap stuff they were trying to sell off.

But, it’s time. I am going to put some of my own junk stuff  treasures up “FOR SALE.” Yes! Everything I drag outside is going to be “FOR SALE!” I have been purging for the last month and it's going to be huge! What with the prices of stuff going up in the thrift stores, I figured what the heck! Maybe I can actually get a decent price for my own junk treasures! I mean after all, I don’t want to haul all this junk stuff away anyway. It would take me my husband several trips! :-)
~~~~~
So why don’t you do a “drive by”over to Jenny’s blog (off on my tangent) and check this week’s “F” post. You can get there by clicking here: http://jennymatlock.blogspot.com/2011/05/alphabe-thursdays-letter-f.html
Gotta go borrow another table from a friend. See ya next week!~Ames

16 comments:

Sue said...

Good luck with your sale. Sounds fun to me!

=)

Judie said...

We have a neighborhood garage sale twice a year. There are 900 homes in our subdivision, and for years we had traffic congestion all day long. These days, not so much!

The last one I participated in, I only sold about $15! My son Keil, on the other hand, sold his dvd collection, some fancy sword, some really "classy" caps, and made $200 by 10 a.m. I was pissed.

Rod LOVES to haul stuff to Good Will, though, so I just left the stuff in the garage for him, and went to bed crying.

Hey, you're not by chance selling those handcuffs, are you? HAHAHAHAHA!!
XOXO

Vicki aka Jake said...

I miss going to yard sales! Don't have any room for anything anymore :( I use to have them and did pretty good. Hope you do to...

Tanya @ Greetings From the Asylum said...

They say, one woman's trash is another woman's treasure. I have seen the amazing transformations that can be attained with a coat of paint or a pair of scissors. I hope you have an extremely Fun and Fortuitous sale!

jen said...

Good luck, Ames. I always am embarrassed to have a garage sale. Because people don't think my stuff is any good and they leave without buying anything. And then my feelings get hurt. But then I remember I'm throwing it away anyway, right?

Theresa said...

Hope you make some Big Bucks on your treasures!

Deb said...

Good luck with the sale. I'm planning one before we move too. There is no way I'm going to fit all this stuff in a smaller house.

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

I live so far out in the boonies that no one would ever come to a garage sale!

EG Wow said...

Garage sales are a lot of work...and can also be tons of fun if you hold one with lots of people. I hope you sell lots!

Keri said...

Good luck! I like shopping at garage sales, but I hate having them myself.

Gattina said...

I am also sometimes more than surprised what people put out for sale, lol ! It's not even good for the garbadge anymore, but still people are buying !

Amanda said...

I had to laugh in recognition here. Good luck! :D

Life in Rehab said...

I'm right there with you about to do the same thing. I'm pretty sure my workshop is under that pile of rubble to the left of the house.

Pretty sure.

edenhills said...

I live in the middle of nowhere, so it's donate or trash. It's about time I did a thorough cleaning and hauled it somewhere. Hope your junk is seen as treasure to others!

Teresa

peaceroad said...

I'll be doing a moving soon too, and I may have to do a yard sale too, if Mother Nature decides to stop raining for a few days. Good job on writing this piece, Ames.

Jenny said...

I would have loved to come help you with this. We could have taken turns looking at everyone elses "treasures"!

I'm sorry it didn't turn out well, but at least you'll have a tan when the painful sunburn goes away.

Okay, okay, just trying to look on the bright side.

Thanks for a fun stop!

A+