Saturday, April 2, 2011

Saturday Centus # 48~Traveling the Cosmic Highway

It's Saturday. Time for Saturday Centus #48.  In this continuum, time flies when you are having fun. Jenny has tossed us a fast ball prompt this week. It is in pink bold: Exit 181, 1/2 mile ahead. The rules are to write a story using up to 100 words in addition to the prompt. If you are curious, why don't you stop by Jenny's blog (off on my tangent) and check out where Exit 181 takes you. You might want to hold your breath while passing through cyber space. Click here to go there now:
http://jennymatlock.blogspot.com/2011/04/saturday-centus-exit-181.html

now onto my contribution ....
~~~~~~
Driving the convertible was exhilarating. The warmth of the sun on my head and the cool wind whipping my hair around made it easy for my mind to wander. I was free, free as a bird.

When I brought my attention back to the road, the approaching sign read Exit 181, 1/2 mile ahead. I looked down at the fuel gauge, I needed gas.

He was there waiting for me, leaning against the stop sign at the end of the off ramp. After spreading his ashes in the Vortex overlooking Sedona, I didn’t think he’d come back to me so fast.

Damn that medicine man.

~Ames

16 comments:

5thsister said...

I like the way you write! Loved this!

June Freaking Cleaver said...

Based on your story, Sedona must really have the magic powers I've heard about. Maybe I should go there and sprinkle the ashes of my previous career, and it will be rejuvenated, too?

I liked the imagery of riding in the convertible!

gaelikaa said...

I felt like I was there!

Judie said...

Back atcha, Ames! Great take here, sister!!!

Sue said...

What an interesting way to go with this. And Sedona is the perfect setting.

=)

Dazee Dreamer said...

Now that one took me by surprise. Very, very good.

hip-chick said...

I can picture him leaning on the stop sign. In my mind he looks kind of sexy.

Nonna Beach said...

Very good Ames ! Now I am intrigued by the allure of Sedona too !!!

jfb57 said...

What a great twist!

jeff campbell said...

This is very cool...I'm loving it ;-) Peace and blessings

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

Hm, will I find myself a doctor if I drive out to Sedona? Great, fun post as always. You layered this one with intriguing gems too.
xoRobyn

Jo said...

oh, geez ... i love the way your mind works ...

oneoldcowgirl said...

What a good hook! The only sad thing is I want to read the whole of the whole story.

jabblog said...

It makes me wonder what she's done. Did she kill the medicine man?

cj Schlottman said...

This is wonderfully visual and concrete. I felt as though I were there with you. And your surprising twist? Perfect!

Namaste...........cj

PS - I wish Clint would come back to me; I don't care where!

Jenny said...

Oh, you are a crafty one Miss Ames. Love how you danced all around the reality and let us head different directions before you pulled us in.

Tight writing.