Friday, April 1, 2011

Thrifty Things Friday #1

Hi all! I am linking up to Thrifty Things Friday over at Diann's blog, The Thrifty Groove. Stop by her blog and check it out by clicking here: http://thethriftygroove.blogspot.com/2011/03/first-thrifty-things-friday.html. She was kind enough to take over from Linda at A La Carte. Linda is expecting a new grandbaby. Congrats Linda!
~~~~~~ 
First up is this Pink Fiesta Creamer and Sugar and underplate. I thought this was a deal at $19.00 for all 4 pieces (lid included). I don't have very many pieces of Fiesta but it goes well with my Cape May plates by Pfaltzgraff . I purchased the Cape May,4 dinner and 4 lunch plates, for $4.99 at a Goodwill Retail store last year.



Next I found this apple baker for .50 cents. I already have 4 of these so I grabbed it. I have a large family and these make the best baked apples. All you do is core the apple, add some butter,sugar and cinnamon and bake for 30-45 min. Add some ice cream and it's to die for! It's that easy and they are delicious!

Well Diann, it sure is nice of you to take over from Linda. I look forward to spending next Friday with you! Oh, and I am your newest follower. Stop by and see me!~Ames

7 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Ames the Pink Fiesta looks wonderful with your plates. Those are really pretty. I've never used one of those apple bakers before but next time I see one in the thrift I will get it and try one. I'll probably email you for directions! hugs, Linda

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Lovin' your pink Fiesta Ames-enjoy:@)

JJ said...

Happy to see you are having a good time, Ames.

Deb said...

I love the pink Fiesta creamer and sugar. I have a few pink pieces in my collection that I've picked up here and there. $4.99 was a steal!

Diann said...

Hi Ames!
I am loving that pink Fiesta set! And it looks beautiful with your dishes. We love baked apples here and I have never used one of these. I am going to have to keep an eye out for some and give them a try! Thank you for joining me for my first TTF party1 I hope you are having a great weekend!

oneoldcowgirl said...

Do you stand the apple in the dish on the little pokey spot then put the butter sugar and cinnamon in the hole. I'v never seen one of these work.

Jenny said...

Yes, I like the fiesta. Yes, I like the apple baker thingy. Where is the g-baby news and name?