Saturday, April 30, 2011

Saturday Centus #52~ The Gift of Love

Well looky here...it's time for Saturday Centus again. Already? Where does the week go?? That Jenny, she loves to really keep us on our toes doesn't she? Well I had to put on my thinking cap for this one in order to  come up with something....ummm...you know...a detour from the ordinary. This week's prompt is in blue "Although the traditional gift for a first anniversary is paper."

and now onto my contribution.....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Jonathan knew Sheila was a gold digger from the first time he laid eyes on her. That’s why he insisted his grandfather draw up a pre-nuptial agreement. The only problem was the old man’s kidney was failing and if he died, she stood to inherit everything. If she divorced him she got nothing.

When all the family gathered that evening to celebrate, Sheila read the Anniversary card out loud.

"Although the traditional gift for a first anniversary is paper...

I thought I’d give you a gift that last a lifetime, a new kidney.

May you have many happy years together.

Love,

Jonathan”

  ~~~~~~


Don't you just love a happy ending? Heh heh heh. Now why don't you see what's stiring over at Jenny's blog (off on my tangent), you can get there by clicking here: http://jennymatlock.blogspot.com/2011/04/saturday-centus-happy-anniversary-man.html

~Ames

Photo Credit: BBC1


19 comments:

Dazee Dreamer said...

hahahaha. I loved it. A kidney. That cracked me up. Great job.

Bookie said...

Oh, a good one, Ames. Bet the gal was as ticked as your picture shows!

BECKY said...

Loved it, and the photo is hilarious!

Judie said...

Good for him!!! Give that gold digger the boot!

JJ said...

Is that the wedding everyone is talking about?

Madge said...

That was great! Sock it to her!

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

Very clever and conniving, Ames - just the way I like it.
xoRobyn

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Too funny! The gift that keeps on giving:@)

Porky said...

Hopefully he was planning to give the kidney anyway, but it's certainly an effective twist!

Ames said...

JJ,
No this isn't the Royal wedding picture of Prince William and Princess Catherine. :-)

cj Schlottman said...

Ames,

This is perfect! I never saw that twist coming. Very well done.

Namaste..........cj

Karen S. said...

ha ha ha...she is one smart lady! Great use of prompt...! The photo is priceless!

Nonna Beach said...

Brilliant...I loved that !!!

Jo said...

very clever twist ... and that photo is a hoot!!!

Sue said...

heehee

;)

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

You are always so clever....I truly didn't see that one coming!!!

Jenny said...

You got me! I was just reading along and Bam! You got me good!

I loved this! Totally loved the twist and the tale.

What a cool writer you are.

Lola said...

Apologies. Bit late again this week - been so busy lately!

Thank you so much for stopping by and look forward to *seeing* you again soon.

Hope you have a good weekend,

XOXO Lola )

Viki said...

LOL, I LOVED this. Very clever, ha.