Thursday, April 7, 2011

Oh Really??

Last night I watched that new show called Extreme Couponing.

Well, let me just say...

Is it me or does anyone else see what I see?

I mean..well...I am not above cutting out coupons....

and redeaming the coupons....

But come on now, who needs 72 bottles of mustard?

Heck, I might...maybe just use 2 bottles... in one year. But 72?

Now don't you think that is like....ummm..... hording?

What about the rest of us poor souls? 

What if we were to make a mad dash to the store because we have run out of mustard?

Oh but wait, she did leave one bottle on the shelf.

You know, I don't think I saw very much real food among the 72 bottles of mustard, 47 boxes of  cereal and 22 bottles of Maalox.

I mean after all....she wouldn't want those 1500 plus rolls of toilet paper under her sons bed to expire now humm?

~Ames

7 comments:

DearHelenHartman said...

SOOOOoooooo with you on the couponing show - it was a bit of a sideshow peek into someone's obsession more than a look at how to save some money buying groceries. First visit to your blog and happy to become a follower right off.

Come say hello over at my blog some time. I promise you don't need a coupon!

Jenny said...

I was thinking the same thing, but someone pointed out that they donate the extra to food banks. What a perfect idea and what a difference that would make!

Su-sieee! Mac said...

there are so many worthwhile things to get obsessed about. I can understand doing something like this if you're donating most of it to foodbanks, homeless shelters, and the like.

Kat said...

I watched this show once, and I couldn't figure out how these people have room to store all that stuff. My pantry will hold a couple of weeks worth of groceries at best. I'd have to build a separate storage building, so I guess I wouldn't be saving any money! Kat

dogsmom said...

What got me was the 35 bottles of Maalox. She was obsessing that she had to get all 35 at one time. If they NEED that much antacid maybe they need to make some lifestyle changes.

Viki said...

I watched that show. It was crazy. I always have extra tp and paper towels but not as much as they have,ha. Some of that other stuff I don't think I would use in my whole lifetime LOL. It was fun though to see how much stuff they got for so little money.

Splendid Little Stars said...

LOL! I didn't see it, but a friend did and told me about it. crazy.