Sunday, April 17, 2011

I Could Have Been Elvis......

Source: Wikipedia
While I was in the midst of texting /sending my oldest sister her special dose of “stinkin sweet cuteness” (A daily pic of my new granddaughter) she abruptly informed me…


You know, I remember very clearly the night you were born. Ginger (my #2 sister) and I were soooo excited and we asked Dad if we could name you….Elvis. For some reason they chose not to take our request. …Imagine that. I was 4 (my oldest sister Patti) and Ginger was 3.”


Well thank gooooodness my sisters weren’t in charge of naming me and my parents weren’t easily influenced!

I can’t imagine being called Elvis.

Well, Elle maybe…but not Elvis.

But Elvis didn't have red hair.

I've always disliked my red hair.

Perhaps it's the one and only time it saved me....

...... from being named ....Elvis!


~Ames



7 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Ames how funny! Love it when siblings name a child. hugs, Linda

Bookie said...

Don't hate your red hair...it is so special! Only so few people have those glints and some women PAY money to get red! :)

Diann said...

LOL Ames! When my youngest brother was born, I insisted that he was a girl because I wanted a sister so bad. I called him Barbie for about 3 years! LOL

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

oh! haha!!! Too funny that your sister abruptly remembered that night you were born and about their suggestion of naming you Elvis! haha

Oh and I think your red hair, like Bookie said, is special! Hm...I would like some red highlights, in place of my "gray Highlights"! :o)

Blessings & Aloha!
Thank you soo much for your visit!!!

Kathleen said...

Sisters, LOL. I am the youngest of 4 girls. They tortured me! :) Not really, I was a whiner!

Sue said...

Cute story. Sisters are great, aren't they?

=)

DearHelenHartman said...

Oh, honey, RED is the main color (should I say mane color) sold in hair dye in America. Everyone wants a little of that fire in their life. A redheaded girl Elvis - that would be too cool, but not as cool as just being YOU.