Saturday, April 30, 2011

Funeral Potatoes~Another Keeper!

I made a batch of Funeral Potatoes for supper this evening.

Don't look too close or you will see where I tasted from the corner before taking the picture. I just couldn't wait to sample this dish.

I took this recipe from Sue @ Sue's News, View's N Muse ( http://grannysuesnews.blogspot.com/2011/04/for-this-i-am-grateful.html )

and....I made a half batch because it's just the two of us.

We love them! Oh the topping makes the dish!

Easy to make too!

and...It sort of sounds like the Cheesy Potatoes dish that Jenny Matlock's husband, Mr. Jenny, made for Easter.

Thanks Sue for sharing the recipe.

I'll be making this recipe again!

~Ames

5 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

This looks really good! Yummy!!

Sue said...

Glad you liked it, Ames. I knew you would!

=)

JJ said...

And the name came from where?

Ames said...

JJ, according to Sue, the name Funeral Potatoes came about when ladies of the Mormon church would make this dish to serve large quantities of people attending funeral services. Thus the name Funeral Potatoes. It really is a tasty dish. You can call them anything you like. I have another friend that calls them Cheesey Potatoes.~Ames

Jenny said...

Yummy! I can taste them from here!