Sunday, March 27, 2011

Saturday Centus #47~A Nursery Rhyme

Great News! I am the proud grandma of a sweet little grandaughter. With six wonderful grandson's in tow, she truly is a special delivery. And thanks to the good Lord, my daughter pulled through and both are doing well!

Saturday Centus is a creative writing meme that I have enjoyed participating in over the last few months. It is hosted by my friend and yours, Jenny Matlock, over at her blog (off on my tangent). There's a great bunch  of people over there cranking out some very creative short stories. And I mean short! Jenny gives us a prompt and up to 100 words to create a short short story. This week the prompt is: "I'm not a chicken" and is in pink bold in honor of my new grandaughter. After you read mine, why don't you cyber hop on over and check out some more creative stories by clicking here: http://jennymatlock.blogspot.com/2011/03/saturday-centus-im-not-chicken.html

And now....In honor of my natural nesting instincts, I decided I would dedicate this post to all the grandma's out there, and the old farts they live with.

A Nursery Rhyme
~~~
Dear lord please help me, this old man is in the way.Just let him see a NASCAR race on the television today.
Dear Lord this I ask, his energy could you zap?While I complete my task, may he enjoy a nap?

“Listen here old fart; don’t you have something else to do?

That stuff is for the baby, and none of it’s for you!”

“My patience is wearing thin, so wipe off that silly grin.”

“Chicken? I’m not a chicken, and your dare won’t make me taste,

that tube of stuff you are licking, is what they call butt paste!”

~Ames

16 comments:

Nonna Beach said...

Very Good Ames ! I had a much needed laugh over this...and I believe in the new Monmmy fog, when you're so tired and one of the walking dead at times, some of us might have reached for the butt paste or Desetin instead of toothpaste once at least !!!

Kat said...

I LOVE this Ames. And the first line had me rolling, hit a bit close to home this weekend :) Congrats on the new grandbaby. Glad she and Mom are doing well. Kat

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Congrats on your new GrandGirl! Cute poem:@)

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

Congrats on the new Grand-daughter!!! Hilarious rhyme!!!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

You know I am so happy about that new Granddaughter! Congrats!

Judie said...

Dont forget to save a copy of your poem for posterity! It's VERY good! Congrats on the new Granddaughter!!

gautami tripathy said...

Congrats about the New Granddaughter!

And your verse is hilarious!

tools of the trade

cj Schlottman said...

Great poem - so happy about your new addition to the family.

Namaste..........cj

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

I'm so thrilled for you, Grandma Ames! You get to buy little dresses and hair pieces and all the other fun girlie stuff - finally.
Your centus is a perfect reflection of your new status.
xoRobyn

Deb said...

Congratulations on the new Grandchild.

Your poem is funny, girl your a hoot.

Tgoette said...

Aww! Congrats on your new granddaughter! How sweet to dedicate this one to her! Great job this week! Very creative take!

gaelikaa said...

Ewww! I can't tell you the thoughts going through my head right now!

Good SC.

JDaniel4's Mom said...

Congrats! Butt paster would taste terrible.

~Lissa said...

Haha funny centus! And Congrats on the new granddaughter!

jabblog said...

Nice one! Enjoy your granddaughter:-)

Jenny said...

Ames! I am laughing so hard here. Butt paste always makes me shudder!

Congratulations and lots of hugs on that beautiful new baby. She is an absolute doll.

And you are an absolute genius to come up with this from the difficult prompt this week.