Sunday, March 20, 2011

Saturday Centus~ #46~ Going Green

It's time for Jenny Matlock's Saturday Centus. Just in case you don't already know, Saturday Centus is a writing meme. The basic rules are that you can use the prompt she provides and UP TO 100 additional words to write a story of your choosing in any style of writing you prefer. This week's prompt is "the curtain parted" and is in bold. It must be kept intact within the story. So why don't you stop by Jenny's blog (off on my tangent) and check out other stories created using this prompt by clicking here:
http://jennymatlock.blogspot.com/2011/03/saturday-centus-curtain-parted.html

And now on to my contribution...
~~~

“They are going to kill me! Yes! Sam and Tara have already had theirs done! It’s free for anyone on St. Patrick’s Day! All you have to do is come down to the Curl Up and Dye Salon.” Lindsey exclaimed.

“I can’t believe I’m actually going to do this” she squealed softly into the phone.

When the curtain parted and the stylist came out with a big bowl of green dye, Lindsey whispered “See you in a few!” and hung up.

Both her sister’s where sitting under the dryer with new green hair. They didn’t see her slip out.

~Ames

13 comments:

Kat said...

Chicken! Her sisters are going to kill her! This was a really cute use of the prompt Ames. Love it!

Sue said...

heehee

Somebody's in for a big surprise!

=)

Tracy said...

Good take shame no pics lOL

Judie said...

I have my standards! NO GREEN HAIR! Really funny, Ames. Did you dye your hair green on the 17th?

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

Oh, Sis is sneaky!!! Great story!!!

jfb57 said...

Cheeky bod that one! Smiling Ames! Thank you!

Ames said...

I would look like a Christmas tree if I dyed my red hair green Judie! LOL! The only thing I wear all year round that is green are my smilin' eyes! :D ~Ames

gaelikaa said...

I don't blame her at all. I'm Irish and I wouldn't do it!

http://gaelikaasdiary.blogspot.com/2011/03/saturday-centus-46.html

cj Schlottman said...

Lindsey is a tricky one! (And I think she is a smart one, too). The thought of green hair, even for St Patrick's Day, makes me green around the gills! Very vivid, this one. Thanks.

Namaste..........cj

Tgoette said...

Loved this, Ames! Such a cute and fun take on the prompt. Great job!

Jo said...

Green???? okay, pink you might get me in the chair but green .... that's not even a nice colour for beer... this was a wonderful little story!

Nonna Beach said...

Great job Ames !!! I would've slipped right out with her too !

Jenny said...

Ames, I love this! This was such a cute twist on this...and growing up with three sisters it felt incredibly believable.

I really like where you took this.