Saturday, March 12, 2011

Saturday Centus #45 ~How Would You Repay a Kindness?

Today I am participating in a writing meme called Saturday Centus. A dear friend and fellow blogger, Jenny Matlock, is the host of this wonderful, funny, and sometimes wacky writing meme.

This week Jenny has chosen the prompt: He had never been accused of being intelligent. The object is to write a story using 100 words in addition to the prompt and it must be rated PG. So why don’t you give it a try? Stop by Jenny’s blog (off on my tangent) and check out some really creative stories by clicking here:
http://jennymatlock.blogspot.com/2011/03/saturday-centus-he-had-never-been.html

Now, onto my contribution…..


~~~

Down on his luck, Mo dined nightly from the dumpster behind the Irish Pub. The Pub owner took pity on him and left a meal on top of the dumpster every night. To pay the owner back, Mo would hose out the garbage cans, and clean the mops.


One evening before closing time, a man hid behind the dumpster with the intentions of robbing the Pub owner. Mo thought he was going to take his meal. He had never been accused of being intelligent and ended up getting shot. The robbery was thwarted and Mo survived. From that day on, life changed for Mo and the Pub owner.


~~~
 
How would you repay kindness?
~Ames

16 comments:

Judie said...

This was really good, Ames! I'm sure the Pub owner gave Mo a steady job and a place to stay! I know I certainly would.

Nonna Beach said...

Oh, Aames, love this... a well written story and a happy ending...Nicely done !!!

Dazee Dreamer said...

awesome job. and what a kind thing for the pub owner.

Kat said...

Love this Ames! Great story of paying it forward. I hope that the pub owner gave Mo a job (but maybe not as his bouncer). Loved your use of the prompt. Kat

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

Great story, Ames. There's lots of action, emotion and suspense packed into it. I would love a sequel.
xoRobyn

June Freaking Cleaver said...

I'd like to think that someone from the public at large would reward Mo with a job and some sort of housing...people are usually pretty generous to heroes.

Great job!

Jo said...

Poor Mo ... he seems like such a dim witted fellow ... I think he is great need of a better place to live...

Deborah said...

Wonderful!

Deb said...

As always, a great little story. I bet the pub owner lets Mo eat inside the bar now.

cj Schlottman said...

Well, Ames,

This centus is one of the best ever. You have packed so much into your words that it feels much bigger than it is. I love the kindness of the pub owner and the determination of his friend, the dumpster diver. I do like a happy ending, so I've written one in my head. The dumpster diver ends up working inside and finds a place to live.

Namaste..........cj

gaelikaa said...

Hmm! An Irish pub? Boy, do I remember those.

Good SC. Wonder what happened next?

Viki said...

Interesting take on the prompt. Loved it. Goes to show there are good and bad people all around. Hopefully, mostly the good win.

Poetic Justice said...

Really nice Ames. Almost made me shed a tear. Well written and a nice direction to go in.

gautami tripathy said...

Well written piece!

coloured perspective

Sue said...

Nicely done, Ames. And I hope Mo gets the appreciation he deserves!

=)

Jenny said...

Ames. You made me think here. I'm thinking maybe there would be a story in the paper and people would step forward and try to give Mo an apartment and new clothes...

However...Mo would decline their fine and kind offers and continue to live on the streets...and dine from the sumptuous repast available from all the gourmet dumpsters.

But, hey, that's just my thoughts here.

ha!

Great story.