Friday, March 11, 2011

Junkin-Finds-Friday #19

My husband and I went to an open air flea market this past Wednesday. It wasn't very large so we took the girls, in their new red stroller, just to pass the time. I must say, my girls were so good,  I received many compliments about them. One lady said Chihuahuas are usually yappy. But not my girls! They were as quiet as church mice! Taking in everything thing. Tinker even let a few people pet her, and Baby. I'm so proud of my Chi's! They are good little travelers!

Well enough boasting and bragging about my girls and on to my great finds for this week. Like I said it was a small flea market and I only found a few items that I thought worthy of bringing home.

First I found these Friendly Village plates by Johnson Brothers. Two for $1.00. They still had the original stickers on them ($5.99).
I found this nice book for $2.00. It has every plant, bush, shrub, tree, and flower you can imagine in it, and there's a garden dictionary in the back too! I love curling up with a good garden book! 



 And how about these sweet little infant (6~9mos) pants for $1.00.


And I found this sweet little milk glass dish, I think it's called Daisy, at a thrift store for $2.00.

Well that's my fabulous finds for this week! I'm going to hop on over to Linda's blog and check out everyone else's treasures. You can come too by clicking here:


Thanks for stopping by! ~Ames

5 comments:

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

Ooh I love the milk glass dish!! I wouldn't have been able to pass that up, either! thank you for stopping by my blog!

very merry vintage style said...

Great plates. You really got a nice selection of goodies! Have a great weekend--
Mary

Deb said...

I absolutely love gardening books and I reference them all the time. I need to get out and go to a flea market or some resale shops. I used to that all the time but somehow got out of the habit. I love the thrill of the hunt. Thanks for the kind words earlier.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Ames you found some wonderful bargains. Those plates for $1 are a steal! I love the milk glass dish and had one like that...well I still do but its in pieces after Charlie jumped up on the coffee table and slid into it...whoops! Thanks for joining JFF!

hugs, Linda

imriz said...

loved those plates and how they come cheap:)

follower from GFC here.Pls hop onto mine:)

http://www.diyandmore.com