Thursday, March 3, 2011

Junkin Finds Friday #18

Finally!

It's been a long dry spell for me. I was sick 3 times in two months with that respiratory crud that has been going around. When I finally decided I was well enough to venture out, I just couldn't find anything worthy of being a bargain and worthy of coming home with me until yesterday.

Yesterday my neighbor and I drove out of town to Whole Foods, this was probably a 2 hour round trip for us. Before returning home we decided to check out a Goodwill Boutique. Ha! The name must have been for the benefit of the upscale neighborhood because it was no different from any other  Goodwill retail store.

I came away with one item yesterday. A Shannon Irish crystal bowl for $2.99
Here it is dirty with the tags on.


And here it is all cleaned up.


I have plans for this bowl. I think it will be lovely filled with easter grass and special homemade treats wrapped in celophane and tied up with pretty ribbon. A perfect gift for an elderly shut-in.

Don't you think so?

Stop by Linda's A La Carte blog and check out some other nifty thrify finds by clicking here:
http://ljm-alacarte.blogspot.com/2011/03/junkin-finds-friday-18.html
~Ames

11 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Ames your dry spell is over! This is a gorgeous bowl and that is a fab price! It will be so pretty with treasures in it. Glad you are finally feeling better. Thanks for joining JFF this week! hugs, Linda

lvroftiques said...

Hi Ames! That was a great score! "Goodwill Boutique"...That cracks me up! Like that makes a difference or something *winks* My favorite Goodwill is less than 5 miles from Bill Gates house and it's still called Goodwill!
Well I see we have some things in common. I also retired young and my life revolves around my hubby and three dogs!...Oh and antiquercising of course *winks* Thanks for stopping by! Vanna

Honey at 2805 said...

Wish there was a Goodwill Boutique for me to go to. The only one that is even near my traffice patterns is truly a Goodwill Junkique. Great Find! It's past time we became "friends" so I just made it official and am following you.

CollectIn Texas Gal said...

Goodwill Boutique....good one Goodwill! I ran through Goodwill a couple of days ago, and they had all new fixtures...shelving and clothes racks...they are upscaling and I guess will soon be a Boutique, too! Anyway, I didn't find anything as neat as your bowl...in fact I didn't find anything. I think they cleaned out and threw away alot of stuff...the shelves were pretty empty, but the clothes racks were stuffed with spring and summer clothes.

Great find and sweet idea for a gift! I bet it will really be appreciated! Glad you are feeling better...the crud...uck!

Blue Ridge Altered Art said...

Beautiful crystal bowl at an amazing price. ~~Sherry~~

Donnie said...

That is a beautiful bowl and it sounds like you have plans to make someone smile with it. Lovely.

Gail said...

That crystal bowl of yours is gorgeous and what's was even better was the price. You did good!

Have a wonderful weekend,
Gail

Deb said...

What a bargain for such a heavy crystal bowl and I think it would be darling filled with Easter grass and eggs. Have a great weekend.

Rebecca said...

Easter candy or grass-great bowl!

Kathleen said...

We have those crazy priced Thrift shops here too. They can keep it!
I love that bowl, good buy. So happy to you coming on the 15th! Thanks!

Ms. Bake-it said...

What a beautiful bowl and great price! I think it is a fabulous idea to fill it with goodies for a shut-in.

~ Tracy