Thursday, March 10, 2011

Alphabe~Thursday ~"V" is for Velcro

Hey all! It's Alphabe~Thursday over at Jenny Matlock's blog (off on my tangent). This week it's all about the letter "V" and my "V" post is on Velcro.

~~~

Kudos to George de Mestral for inventing Velcro!


I love Velcro and just think, it all came about after he came back from hunting and started to remove some burrs from his clothing and his dog’s fur.



He took a closer look at them under a microscope and saw a bunch of hooks that stuck to anything with loops on it and wahlah!


                                                    Hooks        and         Loops


It’s Velcro!

It’s so versatile!

Think of all the possibilities you can use it for.

And……if it’s good enough for NASA….It’s good enough for me!

I think I’ll go Velcro that toilet seat down now.

Yes sir ~ree~ bob! No more midnight skinny dipping for me!!

Hey....If you can pull yourself away from my blog, why don't you stop by Jenny's blog for more "V" post by clicking here: http://jennymatlock.blogspot.com/2011/03/alphabe-thursdays-letter-v.html  you'll be stuck on her if you do!

~Ames






10 comments:

Lisa H. said...

Wish my dog would come in with a 'few' burrs in her coat. She's got Chow underfur and pulling burrs out of it is a lot harder than pulling apart velcro...and she doesn't make as pleasant a sound.

CollectIn Texas Gal said...

Who knew such a handy product as Velcro was invented by a Man and His Best Friend! If your idea for the Potty Seat works....you might want to think about a patent, too! Excellent Letter V!

Jackie said...

This is very interesting . I never knew that . You learn something new everyday !

Jen said...

My love of velgro grew when it showed up on my little boy's tennis shoues...so much faster in the morning!
Enjoy your weekend.

Deb said...

I love bits of trivia such as that. The sound of velcro drives my dog crazy.

Gattina said...

It's so practical ! you can put almost everything together with that ! even some partners, lol ! (virtually of course)

Judie said...

Velcro certainly was a wonderful invention! It is one of the most versatile products on the market today. Great post!!!

thesimplelifekdl said...

My hubby used it to baby latch our toilet seat lids down to keep our little boy from skinny dipping. Worked like a charm for quite a while. We love velcro, too...

Jenny said...

I love velcro, too! Thanks for the fun stop on this vivacious little link to Alphabe-Thursday's letter "V".

You are awesome.

A+

Jingle said...

agree,
love the photo image, well done v post.