Saturday, February 26, 2011

Saturday Centus #43~ You've Got to Give to Receive

Hi all! It's time for Jenny Matlock's Saturday Centus. In case you didn't know, this is a writing meme. You can use a prompt provided by Jenny and UP TO 100 additional words to write a story of your choosing in any style of writing you prefer. This week she has given us the prompt: the ATM machine began dispensing twenties.  Hummm this should be very interesting.

now on to my contribution....

~~~
Someone once told me "You’ve got to give to receive."

I found a twenty dollar bill while walking home from school one day. Someone wrote "Trust in God" on it with a black sharpie pen. I put it in the collection plate at church and was blessed tenfold.

I smiled.

When I waited tables through college I received a twenty dollar tip. "Trust in God" was written on it with a black Sharpie pen.

I smiled.

So when the ATM machine began dispensing twenties, I bought a black sharpie pen, wrote "Trust in God" on every bill and gave them back to the bank.

I smiled.

~~~

Hey, you want to smile some more? Hop on over to Jenny Matlock's blog (off on my tangent) by clicking here:
http://jennymatlock.blogspot.com/2011/02/saturday-centus-atm-machine-began.html

~Ames

16 comments:

Nonna Beach said...

Good job Ames ! Generosity and a happy ending...love that idea: Sharpie and some 20's !

Koby said...

I will think of your story every time I find money with writing on it...great job!

Rekha said...

This a good one...inspiring and loved the unexpected ending...

Jackie said...

hey it says that on your money already doesn't it ? anyway I liked your prompt

Bookie said...

Great job...loved it.

Gems said...

I love the premise that what goes around, comes around in the most positive of ways.

Judie said...

Ames!!! You are soooo clever! Great post!!

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

Perfectly penned!!!
Sherry

Karen S. said...

Oh this is cool! I once read a story kind of like that or maybe it was in a movie...but it was just like this with a rather happy moral to the story...I think it was about a person having a flat tire too..but all these strangers turned out to be related later in one way or another...great take on this! You gotta trust in God! and smile!!!! ;)

Kat said...

This was a wonderful story Ames! Loved your take on the prompt. Kat

Sue said...

I really liked this, Ames! Heartwarming.

=)

PS. I'm late with my Centus this week, but here it is:
Sheethead by Sue

nimaruichi said...

Keep on smiling :)

Jo said...

oh, i loved this ... it was wonderful!

Poetic Justice said...

Beautiful Ames. I always look forward to reading your work. This was perfect!

Tgoette said...

Awww, what a lovely post, Ames! Well done!

Jenny said...

OK, there's your voice. Ames, I like this pure writing, the narrative style where you and I are sitting across a table talking and drinking coffee.

That's what I want Circus, Circus to do!

I hope you're re-doing it! It would be a shame not to. It's a wonderful story.

And this was wonderful, too.

I love the ebb and flow of this.

You rock!