Sunday, February 6, 2011

Celtic Woman


Yesterday a friend called and asked me if I would be interested in two FREE tickets to see Celtic Woman.

Well yes! Duh!

I was thinking that my daughter and son-in-law would enjoy a date night out but they were both working.

Since my husband wasn’t feeling well and we had already seen Celtic Woman two years ago, I offered them to my neighbor. Her husband poo poo’d the idea of going but said she could go.

So my neighbor and I went to see Celtic Woman last night.

We were treated to Event floor level seats (These were really good tickets!)….

And cocktails in the Mercedes-Benz Star Lounge (Did I mention these were really, really good tickets!)..

And we had a great parking space so close I just couldn’t believe our luck!

Woo Hoo! What a score! What a treat!

And we were so close to the stage I could wave and yell “You hoo, Chloe, we love you!”



And of course she smiled and waved back! At me!

My friend cried a lot. Jeeze Louse. She said the songs and their angelic voices moved her. She was red and puffy so we just had to stop in the Executive Bathroom!

I wasn’t born last night ya know but I have never seen sinks as fancy and new age like that before. Yes we were rubbing elbows with the posh dahling!

I had an awesome time!

Just goes to show ya. Not all things are free in life.

But these Celtic Woman tickets were FREE!!

And wasn't that nice of my friend to offer them to me?

9 comments:

Kathleen said...

Oh I love them! What a great treat!
Ames, it doesn't have to be doo dads for the St. Pat's Party. It can be any thing that relates to St. Pat's Day, a recipe, anything really! If you have a chance look at last years and you will get some ideas. I hope you will join it, it was fun!

CollectIn Texas Gal said...

OMGosh, I'm sooooo Posh Darn Envious! What a fantastic night out! I must say Dah-ling you certainly were washin' hands with HiBrows, and Sittin' InStyle! For once PooPoo was a good thing for you and your PuffyRed Neighbor! Good for Ya'll!!!!

ain't for city gals said...

wow..I would love to see this and for free! all the better. It is fun to get out every once in a while..I need to work on that a little bit..

irishoma said...

Sounds like a wonderful time. How generous of your friend to give you the tickets and you to share them with your neighbor.
Donna v.
http://donnasbookpub.blogspot.com

Deb said...

That sounds like a good time and even better that it was cost free and princess parking to boot. Lucky girl.

Judie said...

Great parking makes "free" even more special for me. Wish I could have gone with you, but I'm stuck here at home, still laughing about your response to my "spit or swallow" comment.

CCC said...

Oh awesome. I love Celtic Women and watch them on PBS whenever they come on. I so wish I could sing like they do but so will never happen. So glad you got to go and have such a nice time. I probably would have cried too. I'm a real sucker for beautiful music.

JJ said...

Good for you! They are fantastic.

Leann said...

What a sweet thing for your friend to do. You my friend were a lucky duck - goes with the Celtic women!

Thanks so much for stopping by and your sweet comments.

Leann