Friday, February 11, 2011

Alphabe~Thursday "R" is for Receiving Gifts



A package arrived on our door step yesterday, and came from a State that is far far away.


My dear sweet husband asked “What could it be?”


I said “Why don’t you open it up and take a look see.”


A dear friend of mine has sent it to me, her name is Jenny and these came from her tree.


We both grabbed a Lemon and sniffed the sweet smell. “These were just picked” he said “I can really tell.”


He snatched up a grapefruit, a Navel, then turned back and took two, “I’m making a fruit salad he said “Don’t worry I’ll save some for you.”




Some say it is always better to give than to receive, but I feel it is a blessing to receive and I am grateful. Thank you sweet Jenny for our wonderful, delicious, aromatic box of fresh citrus fruit!
Love and Hugs! Happy Valentine's Day too! ~Ames
~~~

Please stop by Jenny's blog "off on my tangent" and check out some great "R" stories by clicking here:

Happy Valentine's Day to All!

16 comments:

Judie said...

Don't you just love the smell of lemons? I could eat grapefruit every day. Jenny is so "jennyrous" to send you such a nice gift. We don't have fruit trees in our tiny yard, but our son-in-law always brings us some of his.
Such a nice poem, Ames!!

Jessica B said...

How lovely! Now you'll have to come up with lots of lemony things to bake. :)

mle said...

I'm sure that package was a delight to open!!
How thoughtful of Jenny : )
have a great {citrusy} weekend!

Jackie said...

That's fantastic Ames ! Yes Jenny is really generous and thoughtful .

Deb said...

I love the smell of all things citrus. I'd give anything to have a lemon or lime tree in my yard. Wouldn't it be great to walk out and pick a lime off of the tree to put in your drink? Very thoughtful of your friend. Have a nice weekend.

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

What a great Valentine's gift. It might be "better" to give, but receiving's so much more fun. Enjoy!
xoRobyn

Donnie said...

We are enjoying some of the fresh fruits here in Florida too. Vitamin C is good for what ails ya. Such a sweet friend.

Kat said...

Oh you lucky girl! But then, we are lucky to know Jenny :) I love the smell of fresh citrus, this must have been like opening a box of summer! Enjoy! Kat

edenhills said...

What a wonderfully appropriate R post! I'm certain you're enjoying every aromatic bit of the package.

JJ said...

Ames: Have a Happy Valentine's Weekend!

5thsister said...

Jenny's the best, isn't she! What an awesome gift and a lovely R post as well.

H said...

What a lovely gift; smells good and tastes good! Enjoy :)

Splendid Little Stars said...

What a wonderful gift! I can almost smell that wonderful citrusy fragrance right now! mmmmmm

Pondside said...

A box of sunshine in the mail!...you lucky gal!

Jenny said...

Oh hooray! You got them. It's so funny but when I read this post I got the worst craving for fresh grapefruit juice!

I have two more visits to finish up Alphabe-Thursday's letter 'R' and then I am going to fix myself a glass!

I'm so glad you enjoyed your little gift of sunshine. You deserve sunshine every single day, sweet girl.

Thanks for linking this. I was really surprised when I did!

A+

mub said...

I don't know if I've ever had a freshly picked lemon. Just the ones from the grocery store... sad!