Tuesday, January 4, 2011

An Unwanted Visitor


You can click on this picture to enlarge it.

Look what Fish and Wildlife removed from the pond behind our home today. A 9 foot alligator that was winterizing in the pond. The agent had to put him down because the gator already had a notch in his tail which indicates that he had already been relocated once before and was now considered a nusiance.

The gator will be sent to Christmas Florida to be processed for the meat and hide. The agent also told us that they roam in the woods and around homes at night in search for small rodents and animals. This really creeped me out because I let my girls outside to snoop and poop at night before going to bed. I guess we were very lucky he didn't get one of our babies.



~Ames


2 comments:

La said...

Wow, that's scary.

Deb said...

Eeeek! I'm glad they got it before it got something else.