Saturday, January 15, 2011

Saturday Centus # 37~The Dream

Hi all! It's Saturday again and I have been wondering what she will come up with this time. I'm talking about my favorite writing guru, Jenny Matlock, over at her blog "off on my Tangent". This time, yet another shake up. We can only use 25 words to come up with a story that includes a prompt of her choosing.  This week's prompt is "The Lottery Ticket." Since I am hung over from last weeks contribution I think I'll lay off the wine! Please make an effort to stop by her blog and check out some creative writing by clicking here:

http://jennymatlock.blogspot.com/2011/01/saturday-centus-hey-wake-up-its-another.html

Every time my husband and I buy a lottery ticket we have the fantasy talk. You know, what you would do if you won? It is sooh worth throwing away one dollar.

Now on to my contribution.......
~~~~~
The lottery ticket tucked in my pants

Purchased from coins saved we take a chance

That we will finally get to do the happy dance

~Ames

24 comments:

Sue said...

This is really fun, Ames. (I'd like to do that happy dance, myself!)

=)

Bookie said...

Ah, this is sweet, Ames. If you stop at $1 and it buys you a few minutes of lightness, it is a bargain!

Deborah said...

The happy dance ... I love it!

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

I love it:@)

hip-chick said...

great rhyming without sounding corny.

Anna said...

Wonderful take on the prompt. Fun, cute and it rhymes! I think that you have hit on the true purpose of lotteries. It is perhaps not the winning (because so few really win) but the hope and dream of winning.
Well done!
Best wishes,
Anna
Anna's SC#37-The lottery ticket

Kat said...

Oh boy, let me tell you, Snoopy would have nothing on this gal if I hit the lottery! Cute take on the prompt! Kat

Judie said...

Ames, I would love to do the "happy dance." I'd get laughed at, but I wouldn't care!!

cj Schlottman said...

Ames,

I love this. It is heart warming and feels right. Great take on this tough prompt!

Namaste..........cj

Malisa said...

Never...but it is fun hoping!

Tgoette said...

LOL! Too funny Ames! I'd love to see you do that happy dance!

Jo said...

I would love to see you do the happy dance!!! (I have one of my own i keep hidden away for special occasions!)

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

You did it again, Ames. This is very happy and fun.
Hugs,
xoRobyn

Terra said...

wonder if they are dancing?

Kammy said...

Hi Ames !
I gave up on lottery tickets forever ago - you go girl !
Kammy

Viki said...

Cute and fun take on the prompt. Good job ;-)

noexcuses said...

I love a good "Happy Dance!" Great post!

the-lottery-ticket said...

Awesome! May we all dance the happy dance this year! :)

jeff campbell said...

Sweet...very good job in 25 words...perhaps you will get to do the dance...Peace

JJ said...

Ames: If I won, I would give it away. I would rather be happy. In fact, I promise that I will send the money to you! Oops. I would have to buy a ticket, wouldn't I?

nimaruichi said...

Wouldn't we all love to do the 'happy dance'! All the best :)

Jenny said...

Cute Miss Ames. I'm hoping this means you're finally feeling a little better.

When you win, I'll come and do the happy dance with you!

Bonnie said...

My husband and I do the same thing! Great rhyme.

Kathleen said...

With that ticket in your pants,
You may win a trip to France
If you do you'll have the power
To go and visit the Eifel Tower
Or maybe you will male a plan
To visit the land of The Quiet Man
I have heard it is quite a scene,
Miles and miles of emerald green.
That is it, I guess I am through,
Lottery luck to hubs and you!
:)