Friday, January 7, 2011

Junkin Finds Friday #10

Hi everyone! Happy New Year to all! Today I am participating in Junkin Finds Friday with Linda over at her A La Carte blog.  Please stop on over an check out some of the nifty, thrifty finds that friends have found and are sharing this week by clicking here:

My husband and I went to an outdoor Flea market today. I only found two things to share with you from there. The first item is this big blue Ball jar for $5. I just noticed that it is a Bicentenial jar. Lucky me! I have a collection of the old ones in my laundry room. I love anything to do with canning. I am actually going to try and can up some seasonal fruits and veggies this year to put back for next winter. And the next items I found at the flea market are these two vintage noise makers. They were $5 each which I thought were a good deal. I have seen them priced much higher in the antique stores. I love old noise makers, I have been collecting them for sometime now.

After lunch out with my hubby we went through a local antique store and I found this old hand mixer for $4.95. I love collecting old kitchen stuff from the 50's and 60's.




 Here are a few of the noise makers I have collected over time.

I seem to have a basket full of them now.

Well that's it for this week. I hope you are having fun seeking out your treasures. Happy hunting!
~Ames 

11 comments:

Karie's Chic Creations said...

Great little treasures. Thanks for sharing, and thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a sweet comment. Have a great day.

Linda said...

Great finds! Don't you love it when you find something you collect? LOVE the noisemakers! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and for your nice comments!

Diann said...

What fun finds! I don't think I have ever seen vintage nose makers! They look great in a basket.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Ames I love your collection of noisemakers. They are very cool and wonderful graphics! I love the jar as I love that color blue but my fav find is the hand mixer with the red handle. I have a small collection of old kitchen utensils and now I will be looking for a hand mixer to add to it. Maybe on the Worlds Longest Yard Sale? hmmmmmmmmmm adding to my list right now. Thanks for joining JFF!
hugs, Linda

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Looks like you had a fun day! Love the noise makers, so YOU'RE the noisy neighbor:@)

Sherry said...

Love your finds....especially your noisemakers! I have just one and I love the graphics! Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Sherry@Back2Vintage

CollectIn Texas Gal said...

What a neat thing to collect...Noise Makers. Aren't the graphics on them so neat! How fun to find that your BlueJar was a BiCentenial piece. Sorry I'm late in visiting....I've been out of town since Thursday. Good to be home! Have a great weekend!

Betsy said...

I just love those noise makers, the graphics are incredible. Now you're all set for a party;-) You can have a large collection of them and they don't take up too much room. I'd have a hard time passing them by.
Thanks for visiting with me.
Happy New Year

CCC said...

You find the coolest things.

the cape on the corner said...

i am loving those vintage noise makers..what a fun and interesting thing to collect. and i could totally see that mixer displayed in a retro kitchen!

so glad you stopped by, and thank you for your kind comment on my thrifty dishes!

Jenny said...

I am so jealous!!!!!

I missed out on the flea market and the big blue Ball jar!!!!