Friday, January 28, 2011

Is Nothing Sacred Anymore?

A friend sent me an email today that has made me sit up an pay attention. It was about people having the capability to determine the locations of pictures that people post online.

Are your ears perked??

Apparently GPS in cameras and Smart phones create a privacy issue. To view this story click here:

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/video?id=7621105

Let's say you post a picture of your new grandchild online using a GPS enhanced camera or Smart phone. By right clicking on the picture, the location of where the picture was taken can be revealed, say...your grandchild's home or yours.

Hummmm....this is disturbing to me!

Is there any privacy left in this technical world we live in?

Be careful out there.

~Ames



















Be careful out there.

8 comments:

Deb said...

That is disturbing! I won't be posting anymore pics from my phone. Thanks for posting this, I had no idea.

paige said...

That's crazy!

Gattina said...

That's indeed crazy. But I only take pictures with my brave good little camera which only indicates the date and the time. Nothing else. I never use my phone as camera. Actually I didn't even want a camera in my mobile, but that doesn't exist anymore !

Kathleen said...

Yes, it is disturbing. I don't post any family pics for that reason. You never know where they are going to end up. Anyone can use your pics and insert it somewhere you don't want it. Sad but true.

Diann said...

How sad and pathetic! That is why I don't show pictures of me or my family and I never use my cell phone for pictures.
You asked how I clean aluminum (as did a lot of other people). I did a post about it. Here it is:
http://thethriftygroove.blogspot.com/2011/01/cleaning-aluminum-thrift-finds.html

Have a great day!

ain't for city gals said...

I am starting to re-think all of my online stuff...not that I do that much but privacy is only an illusion...sometimes i wonder if it is worth it...

jamisons-letters said...

Scary! Thanks for posting!

Jenny said...

This just makes me mad. With everything they can do with technology why can't they cure cancer and addiction and...

OK. Seriously, though.

This makes me kind of sick to my stomach!