Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Alphabe~Thursday "P" is for Po Po

It's Thursday and that can only mean one thing...it's Alphabe~Thursday. This week is about the letter "P". If you haven't already done so, please drop by Jenny Matlock's blog (off on my tangent) and check out some of the creative short stories that some very talented people come up with by clicking here:
http://jennymatlock.blogspot.com/2011/01/alphabe-thursdays-letter-p.html

~~~

"P" is Po Po

Po Po as in Police.

I have actually called the police on several occasions.

One time was to have my husband arrested because I was in such excruciating pain while delivering HIS baby. "The Po Po is coming to get you buddy. Make Nooooo mistake about it!"

Another time was when a near-do-well walked right into my garage and stole my husband’s bicycle. I drove up and down every street in the "hood" until I found the bike.

I gave the thug fair warning  "Give me back my husband’s bike or I.. Will.. Call.. The.. Po Po!"

The thug said “My friend gave me that bike.”

"NOT!"

When the Po Po came I told the officer I had the serial numbers engraved in the under carriage of the bike. The officer looked at the bike... and then at my serial numbers... and "Whup there it is, Whup Whup there it is!"

I did the jiggy dance and told that thug "I told you I would call the Po Po. Don’t EVER mess with me again!"


Uh huh I’m bad. Yes that’s right "Bad to the Bone!" (Did I tell you both the thug and the officer were a good six feet tall? I on the other hand am only five feet tall, but, when I want to, I can stretch to six feet tall!)

The officer gave me back my husband’s bike.

We no longer live in that neighborhood. My husband said he worried for my safety. I said "No worries…I had back up!"

The Po Po.







~Ames

20 comments:

Astro said...

Good on you in getting the bike back. Visiting from alpha thursday

H said...

Nice one! The thug was no match for you and the Po Po. (Just be a bit careful who you are taking on!)

Infatuated with Homes and Gardens said...

Po Po ,sounds much nicer than Cops :)
~Sharon~

JDaniel4's Mom said...

You were so brave. I am not sure I could have done this.

Gattina said...

I had to laugh about the word Po Po ! In German it means bottom, but written in one word.

CollectIn Texas Gal said...

Good One, Ames! First, I gotta say that Bottom Rosie Button gives new meaning to 'Crafting'! What a HOOT!! You sure 'Showed Em' that we Gals don't put up with No PooPoo...I mean PoPo! Great Letter P Post!

Judie said...

Ames! You've certainly got a lot of spunk!! And you made me shoot coffee out my nose!
xoxo

Sue said...

The PoPo, huh?

;)

House Revivals said...

Wow! I'm not sure I would have confronted a thug like that! That definitely took some courage.
~Amanda

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

Wow, you sure showed them! Girl Power!!!

myorii said...

Glad you kicked that thugs butt! Trying to mess with you was the worst thing he ever tried :) The word Po Po totally made me think of that one song "Tik Tok". Hee.

Beverly said...

Okay, you made me laugh aloud. I love this. Good for you - and good for the Po Po.

I clicked to add myself as one of your followers.

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

haha!!! and your music is Per.fect! haha

Way to call the po-po (I'm quite familiar with this slang term :o)...my hubby's brother is a po po and his daddy was a po po and even one of his sisters was a po po...and my hubby was a po po of sorts-the military-kind flying the the Army attack helicopters :o)

Blessings & Aloha!
I am unexpectedly off from work! yay!!! getting to do some blog visiting, catching up and completing some art orders!

Jo said...

you are one tough chica!!! loved this post!

BEAR's Mom said...

got a gOOd laugh from this one Ames ;)
happy alphabe-thursday

paige said...

Love it. That photo of Riveting Rosie is the best!

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

This explains why I like you so much. You're a fesity little lady. I'm staying on your good side, Ames.
PS Thanks for another fun post.
xoRobyn

Jenny said...

You are ridiculously cool.

I hope you know that.

Your stories always make me smile!

I think this was a particularly perfect link to Alphabe-Thursday's letter 'P'.

A+

Millie said...

So fun! You found such a perfect topic for the letter P. For some reason I can't post from my blog, so mine is here: http://edenhills.wordpress.com/2011/01/26/peafowl/

Cheryl D. said...

I wouldn't want to mess with you! Please don't call the Po Po on me!