Thursday, January 13, 2011

Alphabe~Thursday "N" is for "N" Words

It's Thursday and that can only mean one thing...it's Alphabe~Thursday. This week is about the letter "N". If you haven't already done so, please drop by Jenny Matlock's blog and check out some of the creative short stories that some very talented people come up with by clicking here:


http://jennymatlock.blogspot.com/2011/01/alphabe-thursdays-letter-n.html

Well this has to be possibly one of the hardest challenges yet. I really had a hard time trying to write about something that started with an “N” and realized I was so frustrated that I was calling myself names like nincompoop.

Yep nincompoop. Oh it’s a real word alright. It means a foolish or stupid person. But just let me share an example of a real nincompoop.

You know those lazy people that push their own grocery cart out to their car and then are so lazy to walk it over to the cart coral or back into the store? Then they leave the cart right next to your car, jump in their car and drive away?? Then the wind blows said cart into your car and causes $1500.00 worth of damages??? Now that is a real nincompoop!! I can only hope that some other nincompoop does the same thing to that nincompoop and they get to feel the joy of paying $1500.00 to fix their own car, unless of course they drive a beater and could care less. Then I consider them a ne’er-do-well!

Yep, that’s a real word too! It means an idle worthless person. Not that people are worthless. We are all children of God. But there are those that are pure lazy! You know who I’m talking about. The one’s that drive car’s that have no bumper, a cracked windshield, stickers all over it, hasn’t been washed, EVER, and smokes when it drives away. A car that looks so bad you back out and park somewhere else? I do that all the time. I am not a snooty person, just a conscientious person. My hubby says people that don’t appreciate their cars won’t appreciate yours and they could care less if they open their big door and let it put a few dings in the side of your car. It makes me feel like committing a nefarious act.

Yep, that’s another real word too. It means extremely wicked. Yes, sometimes I want to commit a nefarious act and write a message in their car dust. Like “WASH ME!” or “CRUSH ME AND PUT ME OUT OF MY MISERY.” But I don’t, I won’t, I can’t. You want to know why? Because I am a namby-pamby!

Yep that’s a real word too! It means weakly affected. I’m a namby-pamby because I don’t want to be a nincompoop! All I wanted to do was go to the grocery store, buy $147.65 worth of food and go home in one piece, dent free. Is that too much to ask?
~Ames

10 comments:

Deb said...

That's not too much to ask. We had a similar problem one time in the Walmart parking lot. It had begun to sleet and everyone was in a frenzy. Someone had placed a basket on it's side under the truck on the passenger side. My husband went out to get the truck and pick me up at the door and ran over it as he backed out. It caused a LOT of damage. Grrrrrrr.... People can be so rude!!!

a moderate life said...

Hi Ames! I am visiting you from Alphabet thursdays and I am now following your blog. I always park my car far away from the store and try to make sure no one is parked near me. It gives me some exercise and some semblance of protection for my car. Sorry you had to deal with that! All the best, Alex@amoderatelife

Tracy said...

Not too much to ask. I haven't heard those words in years..lol

La said...

Fun post. Who would think that N-words would be hard to find

JJ said...

Nonsense, Ames.

CollectIn Texas Gal said...

Well, Nuts, Ames! Numbskulls are a Nuisance!

Jo said...

Yes that is too much to ask ... i seem to get a new door ding everytime i go to the mall ... which is Infuriating ... I enjoyed your N words!

Pondside said...

That's just nasty. Big sympathy for that expensive ding to your car!

RNSANE said...

Your post was wonderful. I have the same complaints about folks who can't manage to return grocery carts. I usually make it a habit to retrieve one from the lot to take into the store and return that one when I'm done shopping.

Jenny said...

I just love your humor.

Your writing always cracks me up! Stream of consciousness writing is always one of my favorites...and you are really superb at it.

Thanks for this nifty link to Alphabe-Thursday.

And thanks for the smile.

A+