Thursday, January 6, 2011

Alphabe~Thursday "M" is for Montana

It's Thursday and that can only mean one thing...it's Alphabe~Thursday. This week is about the letter "M". If you haven't already done so, please drop by Jenny Matlock's blog and check out some of the creative short stories that some very talented people come up with by clicking here:

http://jennymatlock.blogspot.com/2011/01/alphabe-thursdays-letter-m.html
and now on to my contribution.....
~~~
Last summer my husband and I took a trip to Montana. We wanted to see the magnificent beauty of the west. After we rented a car and headed to the cabin we rented, we took day trips out and around the western portions of Montana. Just as the title of my blog indicates, I was born and raised in the south and I am awestruck with the beauty of  Montana. You must go there and explore this beautiful state by car. There is so much to see and  my post would be way too long to share it all. We saw the town's of Enis, Virginia City, Nevada City, Bannack State Park, The Montana Children's Home compound, Yellowstone, The Continental Divide, the town of Deer Lodge,The Grant~Khors Ranch, The First Territorial State Prison, the

This is my handsome honey. And the beautiful backdrop is Madison Valley Montana. You can click to enlarge any of my pictures.

towns of Butte, Granite, Livingston, Billings, and Bozeman. And we still need to see the rest of the State so we will certainly be going back.
America is so beautiful, we have decided to make it a mission to see and explore every state in our own back yard.

If you are interested in looking at some of these pictures you may click on the links of my earlier post here:


http://rivahchick.blogspot.com/2010/08/montana.html



http://rivahchick.blogspot.com/2010/08/montana-part-1.html


http://rivahchick.blogspot.com/2010/08/montana-part-2.html


http://rivahchick.blogspot.com/2010/08/montana-part-3.html


http://rivahchick.blogspot.com/2010/08/montana-part-4.html


http://rivahchick.blogspot.com/2010/08/montana-finis.html






18 comments:

Judie said...

I did a watercolor of that mountain chain in Montana. It was snowing. Beautiful!!

RNSANE said...

Montana looks beautiful. I haven't been there though I visited Waterton Lakes, Alberta which I understand is just across the Montana border. That whole area of Canada is just breathtaking so I imagine that's how you felt about Montana.

taylorsoutback said...

We also love Montana and its open feeling - endless skies and some of the most incredible sunsets I have ever witnessed. Saw my first lenticular cloud formation at sunset this past September at Cut Bank on the way back from Alaska. We were simply blown away by the beauty.

Sue said...

One of my husband's best friends was from Montana. We went backpacking there at Heart Lake, and it's the most beautiful spot I've ever seen. Unbelievable. The deep water in that lake was so clear that we could see every single needle on a pine tree that had fallen into it.

Amazing.

Bad news was that Montana also had the biggest mosquitoes we had ever seen!

=)

Pondside said...

That's a part of your country that I don't know - but I'd love to see it and I think that a driving holiday is the best way.

Jo said...

I have never seen that part of thev states but it does look beautiful!

paige said...

I've always wanted to go to Montana - thank you for sharing!

MaƱana Mama said...

Gotta love Montana--one of my favourite places too.
~M

Theresa said...

Sounds like a wonderful time! Very majestic!

Vintagesouthernlife said...

I have never visited Montana but would love too.

JDaniel4's Mom said...

What a wonderful picture. No wonder it is called big sky country.

edenhills said...

I was very young the only time I was in Montana, but I do remember it was fun and very beautiful.

Teresa

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Oh! The mountains certainly look gorgeous! I would love to take a trip to every state too! We had some property in Montana, but sold it years ago.
What a great trip for you two to take. :o)

Blessings & Aloha!

EG Wow said...

I love Montana too!

mub said...

I don't think Montana has been on my radar to visit but these pictures are beautiful! I've added it to my list =D

Jenny said...

My husband spent a lot of time as a young man in Montana and is very captivated by it.

We have some good friends up there and every year we say we are going to visit...and never get there.

Maybe this is going to be the year!

Such majestic country for sure.

Thanks for a magical stop today on our little journey through Alphabe-Thursday.

A+

PERMANENT POSIES said...

Montana is just beautiful! Thanks for sharing the photos.

Splendid Little Stars said...

What a beautiful state! I love exploring this country. I have a goal to go to every state (almost there). Glacier National Park is one of the most beautiful places on earth.