Friday, December 3, 2010

Thrifty Finds

EAPC 
This week I am participating in a little Linky party called Junkin Finds. It's being hosted by Linda over at her A LA CARTE blog . You'll be amazed at some of the nice thrifty things that friends can find while out and about. You can check them out here:

http://ljm-alacarte.blogspot.com/2010/12/junkin-finds-friday-5.html

This week has flown by like a whirlwind. First the rain came, and then the cold. I just had to get out of the house and run errands or I think I'd go crazy. Don't think I am ungrateful, I love my husband, he is my best friend in life, but, I did work with him for 25 years in addition to spending everyday and night with him, and sometimes a girl just needs a little time to her self. I like to look through antique stores and he doesn't. It's a good way to kill a day. This week I hit pay dirt! For over 25 years I have been collecting Early American Prescut or EAPC. It's glassware made by Fire King/Anchor Hocking. My mom had a few pieces and I have always loved the way it makes a table look. My thrifty finds this week are the 8 34 " EAPC bowl  for $6.00, the creamer for $3, the sugar for $4, and the underplate for $4.95.
EAPC 8 3/4 inch scalloped bowl


EAPC Creamer, Sugar and underplate

To see the rest of my collection click here:

http://rivahchick.blogspot.com/2010/11/collecting-eapc.html

Happy Hunting!
~Ames



6 comments:

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

I just love the glassware! It reminds me of my grandma's house. She always had hard candy in a footed dish!!

Betty said...

I was not aware of EAPC before now. Now I'm sure I'll see it everywhere, and I'll think of you. Glad you found some treasures.

CollectIn Texas Gal said...

WooHoo! You hit a bargain! Those 8" bowls are so great for serving so many things. Great find on the sugar and creamer and especially the tray. Your collection is growing again! Way to go!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Ames those are lovely and look like a great price! I don't know if I have any pieces of this, I will have too look. I love clear glass and it was one of my earliest collections. Thank you for sharing your finds on Junkin Finds Friday!! hugs, Linda

Mimi said...

You found some beautiful pieces at great prices!

Jenny said...

Mine do have a star on them. I should send them to you. I never do anything with them at all.