Friday, November 5, 2010

Thrifty Finds

I thought I'd participate in a little Linky party called Junkin Finds this week. It's being hosted by Linda over at her A LA CARTE blog . You'll be amazed at some of the nice thrifty things that friends can find while out and about. You can check them out here:   

                                      
                     http://ljm-alacarte.blogspot.com/2010/11/junkin-finds-2.html

                               My Thrifty Finds


This past weekend I went to a few garage sales in my neighborhood. Some of the things I bought were mostly for the grandchildren.  One book in particular I already gave to my 8 year old grandson in hopes that he will find inspiration in it's pages. So I don't have it to show you. The book is titled "Pigsty". He asked me what that meant. I explained to him that his room was beginning to look like a Pigsty. So he was last seen with his nose in his new book as he was getting into my daughter's van. Let's hope he gets the hint! :-)

Some of my other Thrifty Finds for this week are listed here.


Fiesta Plate ~ $1.00
Fall Floral Plate ~ .50 cents
4 Green napkins for St. Patrick's Day~$2.00
10 Ivory Damask Napkins $5.00 ~ Excellent condition
Yellow and White doily~.69 cents
Wooden egg ~.20 cents. I like eggs. They go so well with my Roosters and Hens.
 And lastly a very heavy Fall colored Tuscan compote~$1.99

Well I know it doesn't look like much but I have a use for everything I've  purchased and I'm very pleased. I'm off to see the beautiful leaves in Virginia now. My sister has just informed me that they are at peak.

Happy Hunting!~Ames









11 comments:

Betty said...

I think it looks like a lot, especially since you know what you will be doing with each of them. Those damask napkins look especially lovely.

Rebecca said...

Looks like you did pretty well-sometimes I don't score anything! Nice additions like that to a home are always welcome!

Elaine said...

Great finds. I think that festive fall plate would look great with the pitcher and jar i posted for my finds.
Have a great weekend Rlaine

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Ames you found some awesome things!! I found one Fiesta plate that color in Houston! Love the fall floral plate and the compote! Your other items are great also and I like how you have plans for them! Enjoy the leaves. Thanks for linking up to Junkin Finds!!

Karie's Chic Creations said...

Wow! you found some treasures. Thanks for sharing. I love the doily. I am always on the look for linens and doilies. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a sweet message. Hope you will come back again. I will come back to yours.

Erin@likegrandmas said...

Great finds Ames! I too love the colors!

gail said...

love the doily and the napkins...great prices, too.
gail
adventuresininnkeeping.blogspot.com

Vintagesouthernlife said...

I think it looks like a lot. I love the Damask napkins!

CCC said...

I wonder how they make those wooden eggs. Great stuff. You have such a nask for using such things for your decorating.

Shirley said...

Nice buy on the napkins! I love you fall color plate and compote.

Diann said...

You found some awesome treasures and at great prices! And the colors are so great for this time of the year.