Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Shame

Depending on which way you go, I live between 25 and 40 miles from any shopping. This past Sunday, a friend I hadn't seen since last year called and asked me to go to a movie with her. We decided that we would go to Hobby Lobby first and then go to see "Life As We Know It".

Now when you have to drive 45 miles to go shopping at the nearest Hobby Lobby, it really stinks when you get there and find out they aren't open on Sundays. Add to that a  40% off coupon burning a whole in your purse , kinda puts you in a b***hy mood!

Good thing the Dollar Tree next door to it was open! I probably spent less there than I would have at Hobby Lobby. Bad thing is they sell candy for a buck! I'd forgotten that my friend has a sweet tooth and boy did she load up on the candy. 

Ok here's the part were I hang my diet guilt ridden head in shame. We sat in the car and sampled the various kinds of candy she had purchased and giggled and ate, and traded comments about the Whoppers, and The Goetze's caramels, and the Good and Plenty and, and.... "OH MY GOD!" I stopped chewing. "I am supposed to be on a diet!!"

I opened the dash and tried to search for a napkin to spit it out the gob of caramel in my mouth, but for some reason my automatic reflex kicked in and I swallowed the remainder of the candy I was chewing, no make that gorging my self on.

So it is with great shame that I cleaned out my purse late last night to get rid of the evidence so my hubby wouldn't find out! They say confession is good for the soul. That's why I'm telling you...and not him! (Hee hee!)
~Ames

6 comments:

marisworld said...

Hi! I'm getting back to you from Mari's world where you left a comment last week. You have a fabulous blog. Very nice to meet you

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

I, for one, am proud of you for this behavior. xo

CCC said...

I hear confession is good for the soul (maybe not the waist though)

Betty said...

I blame Hobby Lobby :)

Betty said...

P.S. I don't even HAVE a Hobby Lobby within driving distance, and have never been inside one. I would have been very upset.

Viki said...

Oh I hate someone that's an enabler,ha. That's why I told hippie to stop buying any kind of treats. I just can't help myself if it's in the house LOL.