Sunday, November 28, 2010

Saturday Centus #30~My Gemini Horoscope

This week Jenny Matlock has put a twist in her Saturday Centus. We must randomly pick a horoscope and write a 100 word short story about the kind of day that horoscope predicts. If you haven't already done so, please stop by her blog and check out some great stories written by some pretty talented people here:

http://jennymatlock.blogspot.com/2010/11/saturday-centus-week-30.html


I chose my horoscope out of our local free “throw out” newspaper. I don’t subscribe to any papers as I already pay through the nose for an HD bundle. This HD bundle includes lightning fast internet (Ha Ha yeh right!), HD television (with a mega remote that I don’t know how to use and I actually think the picture sucks!), and a phone service with free long distance (which doesn’t work when there is NO power! Do you think they could have told us that up front??) The hubs said “We gotta have it!!” So we have it! So who needs a stinkin’ newspaper paper when I can get all that stuff for $180 bucks!!

Now onto my horoscope prompt which is taken from that little free throw out paper we like to call the Mullet wrapper (cause that’s about all it’s good for):

"Focus on what makes you happy. If your heart isn’t in it don’t do it. If you have to do distasteful things learn to love them or don’t do them. Like attracts like in the universe. What we sow we reap back multiplied. Don’t forget this. For this to work you must be following your heart, not your head. Do this and be happy."

So now I pick the kind of day that horoscope predicts and here it is….Oh I forgot to tell you that my evil Gemini twin wrote this.
~~~

Today is “Black Friday.” I roll on my side and the first thing I see when I open my eyes is the dog’s butt in my face.

“Need coffee now!”

Fast forward. Bed made, laundry going, lunch made and I’m out the door to tackle the crowd. I have a list. I’m on a mission.

Hubby calls at 5:30 and wants to know how I am doing. He’s not fooling me. I know he is just hungry.

Fast forward. It’s 8:30 pm I purchased two stinkin’ gifts. What was I thinking? I guess I wasn’t following my heart. Stupid horoscope!

20 comments:

Jackie said...

lol @ the super fast internet . I got sucked into that one too thinking it was going to be really fast but I see no difference . Oh well .

Ca88andra said...

My theory is the internet moves along just as fast as it wants to!

jfb57 said...

Oh what a shame. Perhaps YOU could write the correct one! ;) Good take on the prompt!

5thsister said...

Oh dear, that is a shame. The dog's butt should have been a warning to you, hee hee! Loved this!

Judie said...

I sort of had a day like that last week. I had to drive out of my comfort zone for an errand, and hoped to make the best of it, but the zone got the best of me!!

razzamadazzle said...

Black Friday--what a horrible day. Loved your take on the prompt.

Teresa

Viki said...

Two gifts, that's it? Ugh!! Not a very fruitful day for gift shopping and to think you went out on black Friday, oy!!

RockiBottom said...

now, who makes lunch before going out shopping on black friday? who goes to bed at all for that matter? dontcha know it all starts at midnight now? next year just stay up all night, skip the dog butt, and forget about making lunch. ;)

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

I have given up on Black Friday! There's nothing I want that much! Loved the story! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!...hugs...Debbie

Cheryl said...

Ames, I can't believe you wrote this. I only know one person whose heart is actually into Black Friday. Great way to twist this thing a bit more.

Kat said...

I don't do Black Friday because I always have to work. But I laughed out loud at the line "he wasn't fooling me. I knew he was just hungry" - your hubby must be related to mine :) Great job! Kat

Malisa said...

Glad you are not displeased with your husband's internet provider! :) Black Friday is for someone else, but not me! No way! I loved your character waking up to the dog's butt in her face! Thanks for sharing your story...I enjoyed!

articlesoffaithandfancy said...

I liked the "he wasn't fooling me" line as well! :) Seems like I never get as much done as I'd like!

cj Schlottman said...

"Stupid horoscope!" Stupid Black Friday, too. I think I would have stayed in bed after waking with the dog's butt in my face, but them I'm a coward when I know my day is going to be "iffy."

Great take on this quirky prompt..........cj

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

I'm so sorry, Ames. You started with the dog's butt in your face, and it went downhill from there. Stupid horoscope! I think you're evil twin's at fault.
I enjoyed this fun post.
xoRobyn

Anna said...

I took away my first attempt at this, in case you tried to visit my post and found that it was not accessable. But it's working now. I have finally finished writing a Centus for week 30.
Best wishes,
Anna
Anna's SC wk 30

Tgoette said...

LOL! Great story this week! But don't forget that not all of us are as fortunate. Some only dream of waking up to a dog's butt. Me, I wake up to two dogs butts and a cat asleep on my head.

Yeah, livin' the dream!

gautami tripathy said...

Such a creative post!

I am Aries. I wrote ripples depicting that!

Sue said...

I like the online Black Friday better than the "in line" one.

=)

Jenny said...

"He wasn't fooling me", cracked me up!

Black Friday. Cyber Monday. They all scare me. Just a tiny bit.

I think going to Target is just fine!

ha!

Thanks for a fun link to a very challenging SC.