Saturday, November 13, 2010

Saturday Centus # 28 ~ Mr. Sunshine

I am participating in Jenny Matlock's Saturday Centus. This is a themed writing meme. You can use UP to 100 words to tell your story. The prompt does not count for your 100 words AND it must be left intact in the body of your story. No illustrations are permitted. Your story can be fact or fiction. This weeks prompt is in bold: "The early November sunshine cast golden rays"

If you haven't already done so, please stop by her blog and read some of the creative entries by going here:

http://jennymatlock.blogspot.com/2010/11/saturday-centus-week-28.html

~~~
Mr. Sunshine

Every morning you will find her there. The early November sunshine cast golden rays across her body. In this one spot, her spot, with eyes closed her breath is slow and relaxed, her face lifted towards the sun. Her red hair kissed by the sun, glowing a warm shade of amber. She relishes the moment. No other place has ever made her feel this way. It is why she comes. Day after day, nothing can distract her from this moment, this place, and this time.


“Baby? Do you want a cookie?”

Arrhuh??

Cookie???

She opens her eyes and grunts as she rolls over to get up.

19 comments:

Deborah said...

I love a dog story too, and this is wonderful..as are Baby and Tinkerbell! just darling :o)

Bookie said...

I can feel this Mr. Sunshine, warm and bright under the glass....

5thsister said...

Switch the color to ebony and that could be my dog. Switch the color to "gray streaked" and it would have been any of my cats, God rest their souls. Yes, the sunny spots are their heaven on earth. Terrific write!

Viki said...

Oh boy, a dog's life. It's funny how dogs always look for the sun. Wonderful take on the prompt this week.

focused said...

Love this. Who says one has to leave home to get away? :)

Tina said...

I was on cat the whole time...still lovely either species. Thanks for your visit today at Life is Good.

Judie said...

This hit too close to home for me. Read my post and you'll see why. Great piece.

gautami tripathy said...

What an enjoyable post!


echoeing parenthesis

noexcuses said...

Loved this! My sweetheart can't wait for me to ask if she wants a cookie! Well done!

jfb57 said...

Now this is a great one. Is the 'sweetie' human I wonder or an animal that visits each day? Ummm!

Anna said...

Dear Ames,
Beautiful Centus. So sweet!
I love dogs as well as cats, but cats are more economical for me right now. Three cats cost less in upkeep than one medium-sized dog. But they are wonderful, I know.
Well done!
Best wishes,
Anna

Anna's SC wk 28

My name is PJ. said...

I'm all about animals.....loved this!!

Kat said...

This was great! What a fun use of the prompt. And I know just how that pup feels, only a cookie could make me move from a warm spot in November LOL Kat

Lynnie said...

Wonderful witty twist! Thank you! I enjoyed your take on the prompt very much!

razzamadazzle said...

What a great use of the prompt! I could almost feel the warmth of the sun on my fur!

Teresa

Betty said...

Gee, and I was thinking about how much I love my bed and how nice it would be to have someone come into my bedroom every morning and offer me a cookie... didn't know I was a doggie.

cj Schlottman said...

Such good writing! You really set me up for the wonderful twist.

Thank..........cj

Sue said...

I'm glad this sweet doggy is getting a treat! Even if he does have to interrupt his golden moment to get it...

;)

Jenny said...

What a great little twist on the prompt. It took me a little bit to 'get it' and then I reread it and totally loved your interpretation!

Neat writing.