Saturday, November 20, 2010

Saturday Centus #29 ~A Savory Meeting

I am participating in Jenny Matlock's Saturday Centus. This is a themed writing meme. You can use UP to 100 words to tell your story. The prompt does not count for your 100 words AND it must be left intact in the body of your story. No illustrations are permitted. Your story can be fact or fiction. This week’s prompt is in bold: “Pardon me,” said Tom T. Urkee.


If you haven't already done so, please stop by her blog and read some of the creative entries by going here:

http://jennymatlock.blogspot.com/2010/11/saturday-centus-week-29.html

~~~

“Pardon me," said Tom T. Urkee.

“Aren’t you Virginia H. Amm, great granddaughter of “The” Smithfield H. Amm?

Virginia spiraled around. “Why yes I am!”

“Allow me to introduce my wife, Letteese Ann Tomato.”

“Letteese opted to keep her maiden name. She came from a long variety of Tomatoes. Her great grandfather was the great “Beefsteak” Tomato. I do believe your great grandfather paired up with him back in 1621."

“We were just on our way to an after party at a new place called Club Sand Witch. Care to join us?”

“Do you mind if my friends May Onaise and Frenchez Mustard come along too?

21 comments:

Judie said...

Great play on words!

articlesoffaithandfancy said...

Ha! I think this may be my favorite take on the prompt. :)

Viki said...

OMG, you did such a great job with this, ha, ha, ha. I'm so dense, I didn't get the name when I wrote mine LOL.

Tina said...

Oh so clever. Very well done! Loved all the punny names.

Sue said...

What fun!

=)

Bookie said...

Oh this is great...keeps with the mood of Tom T.for sure.

Kat said...

This was so much fun! I love puns, and this really tickled my funny bone. Great, creative take on the prompt! Kat

Betty said...

Lol, love this.

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

This was so much fun, Ames. Thanks for the laughs. xo

cj Schlottman said...

Bravo!!! I laughed so hard, I cried......what a wonderful play on the prompt, and I am so impressed that you came up with all the other pun-drive names. This is the best yet!

Thanks for the belly laugh..........cj

CollectIn Texas Gal said...

Great Take on the Prompt...very clever and a fun read!!! Just popped over to answer your questions about my EAPC...OMGosh, it's everywhere, but I actually do use lots of it on a daily basis. Some is mixed in China Cabinet and in two smaller glass cabinets on each side of the big one. You can see the setup in my early November posts. One thing I've learned...if you use it often, don't put it in the dishwasher...it clouds easily! Thanks for your visits to my blog...Sue

CCC said...

Soooo good. VERY clever.

Tgoette said...

Ames what a delightful and hilarious take on the prompt! Your puns and wordplay are perfect. Great job this week. So creative and clever!

Stef said...

Haha. Your centus is making me hungry.

Betsy said...

Wow, what an imagination, this is really cute.
Thank you for sharing.

Malisa said...

"Virginia spiraled around..." Ha, Ha Ha! Very clever story. And you know what? You made me hungry! :)

I just posted my story. Please come by and check it out.

Malisa

Tina said...

very comical. loved the 'beefsteak tomato' !

Tina from
Mummy Diaries

Jackie said...

haha that's cute , why not eh!

Jenny said...

I loved this whole thing. I love the way you write.

And I love, love, love this particular line: Virginia spiraled around.

You are a genius. Absolutely clever, clever, clever girl!

Thank you!

Anna said...

Comical and clever! So inkeeping with the spirit of the prompt!
Well done!
Best wishes,
Anna

Anna's SC wk 29

nimaruichi said...

Savoury, very savoury, and sweet too! :)