Friday, October 29, 2010

Thrifty Finds

I thought I'd participate in a Linky party called Junkin Finds hosted by Linda over at her A LA CARTE blog . You'll be amazed at some of the nice thrifty things that friends can find while out and about. You can check them out here:

                               http://ljm-alacarte.blogspot.com/2010/10/junkin-finds-1.html

My Thrifty Finds of the Week



This sweet little oil painting dated 1974. I love the transparency of the milk bottle.
  
This was a deal. A large bell jar for $5. It still had the Marshall's sticker on it. I'm still tweeking the display.

Milk glass. I was looking for a bowl to put my new beaded fruit in and
I also found the neat Banana bowl and votive candle holder too.
  
                      
                               I found a whole bag full of these sweet little vintage Angels in Blue, Pink and Cream.
                                     Wouldn't these look adorable on a Christmas tree? The vintage cookie cutters too!


       Well that's it, until the next time anyway.
   Happy Hunting!~Ames


Here's a few of my finds from past thrift excursions:
http://rivahchick.blogspot.com/2010/09/hey-look-what-i-found.html



8 comments:

Erin@likegrandmas said...

Great finds Ames! I love milk glass(don't have any, but love it!) and that cloche is looking pretty darn good! Also an item that I don't have but want! Thanks for stopping over and commenting on my sewing stand, who knows maybe 3rd time's a charm for you on the sewing machines:)

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Dear Ames thank you so much for joining my Junkin Finds Party! You have found such wonderful items. I love the shape of that bell jar! Cute vignette in it also. I love milk glass and have many pieces (including the bowl you have your fruit in) but the banana holder is awesome! Wow I am just loving everything you found. Thanks again for joining and I look forward to getting to know you better.
Happy Junkin! Linda

Vicki said...

Hi, Ames. Great bell jar and milk glass bowl. My grandmom had the same piece of milk glass. Brings back memories! Thanks for stopping by my blog today.

Rebecca said...

Great bell jar-I've been trying to find one of those for a friend at a sale,but no one around here wants to give them up yet!

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Great finds! I really like the bell jar. And the angels are so adorable.

CCC said...

I love the bell jar too. It's all good stuff.

NatureGirl said...

I love!! That little painting...Thanks for stopping by my little wordy post today. Nice to meet you!

PERMANENT POSIES said...

I stopped at Goodwill last week and was so disappointed to not find a single thing. Well, maybe that is a good thing since my house is overwhelmed with JUNK! Thanks for your nice comments about my son and Halloween story....home from Iraq.