Saturday, October 23, 2010

Saturday Centus #25~ The Answer

I am linking to Jenny Matlock's Saturday Centus. It is a themed writing meme. You can use UP to 100 words (not including the prompt) to tell your story. You cannot use pictures to illustrate your story. It can be fact or fiction.


This week’s prompt is in bold: “This is the scariest story I've ever heard”


You can link back to some wonderful short stories here:


http://jennymatlock.blogspot.com/search/label/Saturday%20Centus


~~~
It has been a mystery since the beginning of time. Some believe in their answers by faith alone. Some refute the beliefs of others by demanding some kind of proof.


In a recent movie, a woman asked a man “What do you think happens to us after we die?”


“It’s lights out. The Plug is pulled. The great void” he replied.


“This is the scariest story I've ever heard” I said as I looked over to my husband, a lone tear rolling down his cheek. I leaned close and whispered into his ear, “Our souls are too beautiful to be disposable.”


I saw the relief in his eyes.

17 comments:

My name is PJ. said...

That's not just a scary story. The response given to the question makes it a sad story too. Well done!

Kat said...

I'm with PJ, that is such a sad statement. Loved your response to it. Kat

Viki said...

I really liked the way you went with this prompt. Very thought provoking. Good Centus.

cj Schlottman said...

Great centus. Sad how we are bombarded with these kinds of things.

..........cj

Jenners said...

Wonderful take on the prompt. And I agree with you ... souls are not disposable!

June Freaking Cleaver said...

We fear the unknown the most - and death is the biggest unknown there is!

CCC said...

I like it, you always have a little twist I'm not expecting.

jfb57 said...

A post with a difference here! Well done!

Tina said...

that is scary story. I often wonder what happens to us when we pass on. I suppose it's the same as before we were born - a non existance - a nothing :(

Tina from Mummy Diaries

Jackie said...

very true . Our souls are priceless

Sue said...

I liked this one! And the music really added to the mood of the piece, too.

=)

Sue said...

Oops, the joke's on me. The music playing in the background was from Jenny's blog! (It was "Falling Slowly.")

heehee

Great Centus, though!

=)

RawknRobynsGoneBlogWild said...

Oh Ames, what a beautiful piece. My emotions ran the gamut, and I'm warmed by the final line. Great work.
xoRobyn

Terra said...

oh man, tears always get me. Well done

Anna said...

Lovely post. This is the scariest of all questions, and you had the courage to use it in yout SC-text. There is nothing scarier than this.
Thanks also for injecting some hope into this otherwise so often dreary area of thought.
Very well done.
Best wishes,
Anna
Anna's & Sara's SC-post Week 25

Tgoette said...

Wow, what a unique and interesting take on the prompt. Thanks for sharing!

Jenny said...

This was an absolute TREAT. What a beautiful, beautiful post.

I saved these 'scary' stories to read on Halloween, and I must say I am really touched by yours.

Thank you for linking.