Saturday, September 18, 2010

Saturday Centus #20 ~ Down and Dirty


http://jennymatlock.blogspot.com/search/label/Saturday%20Centus


I am linking to Jenny Matlock's Saturday Centus. It is a themed writing meme.
You can use UP to 100 words (not including the prompt) to tell your story. You cannot use pictures to illustrate your story. It can be fact or fiction.
 
This week's prompt is in bold: "This is never going to come out," she thought as she scrubbed at the spot on the worn carpet.

~~~

“If I had only known he would be just like her, I would never have married him. The bastard!”

“This is never going to come out,” she thought as she scrubbed at the spot on the worn carpet.

“Katherine!” The hairs on Katy’s neck stood up. A sharp tingle ran down her spine.

“Yes mother Preston!” Katy flipped the door mat over and scrambled to her feet just as the matriarch thumped into the kitchen.

Old lady Preston constantly barked orders to Katy as though she were her personal servant. “Don’t forget how I like my steak seasoned!”

Katy fought back the urge to smile. “I didn’t mother Preston, and I made sure John knows which steak is yours.”

12 comments:

Kat said...

Do I suppose correctly that Mother Preston might have a nasty little something extra in her steak seasoning? I like what you did with the prompt! And I sure hope that Mother Preston is getting exactly what she deserves with her dinner :)

RawknRobynsGoneBlogWild said...

I love it. It's so devious.
I'm a new follower. This will be fun.
Cheers,
xoRobyn

Sue said...

Uh-oh! Watch out, Mother Preston. That steak's gonna be more than you bargained for.

;)

Viki said...

Poor Katie, sounds like the mother-in-law from hell lol. Great take on this prompt.

CCC said...

Interesting, very interesting.

June Freaking Cleaver said...

Glad I'm not mother Preston! I am just warped enough to wonder if it will be her last supper...

myorii said...

Ah, revenge can be so sweet sometimes :)

Tgoette said...

LOL! A woman after my own heart! Don't get mad, get even I say! This was a great take on the prompt and so well written. Excellent!

RockiBottom said...

gotta love some good ole floor seasoning!

skinner675 said...

I hope she put something 'special' on that meat! Love your descriptions!

~Lissa said...

Ooh I smell the seasonings of conspiracy and payback. Really clever and fun take on the SC!

Jenny said...

Love it. What a fun twist to this prompt. I went slightly more macabre in my brain so I'll reel myself back in and just tell you that I really enjoyed how many directions your story could go.

Thanks for a wonderful link.