Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Is it me????

Well my girlfriend and I took in a chick flick this past Monday. We went to see "Eat, Pray, Love." Now I am not a professional movie critic, I just "calls it like I sees it folks!"  But, I may have to watch this one again. I feel like I've missed something.  Yes it was long. Yes I cried. Yes I was enchanted with the food and scenery in Italy, disappointed and saddened at the filth of India, and wished they would have shown more of Bali. But I think I was waiting for something to happen. Waiting for something to be revealed to me....I dunno....maybe something profound? Like maybe the meaning behind the movie?? It just wasn't there. I am going to back off of Oprah's book club movies for awhile. I seem to come away from them a little disappointed.  Or am I just not seeing some great literary brilliance at work. ~ Ames

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Thanks Heavens! I thought it was just me. Tell me a story. Take me on a journey. Don't just let me wander around wondering what the point is!

I make a bad intellectual.

I'm just an Erma Bombeck/My Cousin Vinnie kind of girl, I guess!

Thanks for this post.

CCC said...

Thanks for the heads up on that one. Not that I get to go to many movies but I hate wasting my money when I do.