Friday, September 17, 2010

Hey Look What I Found!!!

After treating myself to a massage today, I did a quick walk through a little Thrift store nearby. I found these cute items and just wanted to share them with you.

First off, I have to say, I can't believe people let go of some things, but we all have our reasons for hanging onto and letting go of things. With that said, I found this....



Isn't this nice? If you click on the picture to enlarge it, you will see that someone put a lot of time and effort into making this and then got rid of it. I paid $1.50 for the crewel work and 50 cents for the salesman sample of green material underneath of the bunny. I think there is enough of the green material to make a backing and piping for a little pillow out of both. And I have just the place for it when Easter rolls around.

My next lucky find was this cute little African Violet planter. Only I think I am going to use it in my kitchen to grow mint for my Mojitos. :-) Or maybe African Violets. I dunno, I'll have to see if the mint survives. Last year I planted it in a pot outside and it spread everywhere. My husband wasn't too thrilled with that. But he did enjoy the Mojitos I made with the home grown mint.



I saved the best for last.  These cute little pumpkin Tureens are from Crate and Barrel. They were made in Portugal and I purchased both for $1.00 each. I think they will look real cute on my Fall dinner table or in my hutch. Haven't decided yet.



I had a lovely day today. First with a relaxing massage, then finding these cute items for the home, and then meeting my husband for lunch. And he bought this time. Woo hoo! What more can a girl ask for!~Ames

4 comments:

Deb said...

Love the Crate and Barrel Pumpkins and the little pot but the message sounds heavenly! It's nice to treat yourself every once in awhile! Now it's Mojito time!

Viki said...

Great finds at the thrift store. You found some good stuff lol.

CCC said...

Oh, a massage sounds sooooooooooooo good today. Was the guy tall and Swedish? They have the warmest hands ; )

The Tablescaper said...

Man you did good! Love, love, love that bunny. Can't wait to see what you do with it. Pumpkins are cute.

- The Tablescaper