Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Halloween Costumes

Costumes from the Past
When my daughter was little, times were hard and there was very little extra money to spend on things such as Halloween costumes. The night before she was suppose to have it, (and isn't that the way it usually is) my daughter tells me she needs a costume for a contest at school. I managed to come up with this.......
....and she won "First" place in the contest.



From that day on, my little girl became excited about making her own costumes.

One year we made ourselves into "Maw and Paw" and went Trick or Treating around to the local business' that were having a "Safe Night" out for all the local Trick -or-Treaters. I even went by my own employer and no one knew it was me. Hee hee!

As years went by, my little girl grew into a mommy and started making costumes for her own children (that's another post). Gone are the times when I could have a little fun too....

NOT!


Who said Grandma's can't play dress up too!
Hee heeeeheeeheeeeheeeee.....

3 comments:

CCC said...

One time my daughter played the wicked witch of the west in the school play. One of her lines was to point to the audience and ask: Was it you? Was it you? She looked so scary that a little boy in the front row yelled No it wasn't me, started crying, and ran out of the auditorium. That witch is a pretty close second on the scary meter.

Ames said...

CCC~ Too funny!!!!

Deb said...

Those are great! I used to make my kids costumes too. One year I went all out and sewed for an entire month. I made a Scarlet Ohara dress for my oldest and a full troll costume for my youngest. We spent Halloween at inlaws in Houston and it was SO hot that my youngest couldn't even wear the troll costume. They still talk about those costumes though.