Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Getting a head start on Fall

For quite a long time now I have been looking for a nice set of  Fall dinnerware.  I have a very large family and need at least twelve place settings. Already having two complete sets of twelve, one for Christmas and one for everyday, and didn't feel I could justify laying out the bucks for a third. Unless of course it was really, r-e-a-l-l-y inexpensive.  

Well, like I said I have been looking on most every website you could imagine and finally decided to mix and match my dinnerware. Most inexpensive sets are sold as a four piece set. All I really need are the plates. So I finally found four plates on eBay in green, and today I found four more plates that I like in the color of rust at the Goodwill Retail store.

I can't wait to find four more plates in either brown or mustard. I have a vision and I can't wait to see how my Fall table will turn out. Oh, and when Thanksgiving is over with, I will have three different sets of dinnerware to use on my kitchen four top throughout the rest of the year. Smart I think!! ~Ames

2 comments:

CCC said...

Never thought of fall dishes,I love the idea and good buys, by the way. I do have everyday (12 place settings) and Christmas dishes. Neither set was expensive.

Thanksgiving in Canada is at a different time of year (Oct). Fall does come earlier here so I guess it fits. I have always admired the way Americans celebrate Thanksgiving as part of their holiday season. Here is not the same. To lots of people it's just another day. Kind of sad, when we have so much to be thankful for.

Deb said...

I love the mix-match look! I'll be looking forward to the finished table setting!