Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Alphabe~Thursday "B" is for Benadryl

Today I am participating in Jenny Matlock’s Alphabe~Thursday. This Thursday is about the letter "B".

Benadryl


Benadryl is my friend; I sleep like a baby when it kicks in.

I’ve been poked, and prodded, and endured his endless whine.

I can’t fall asleep that fast, when he’s out like a light at nine.

I toss, I turn, I punch my pillow a time or two. Oh good lord what the heck am I to do.

Covers off, it’s hot, covers on, it’s cold. Oh boy is this really getting old!

Just when I get comfy and sleep settles in, he pokes me in the ribs and says “you’re snoring again!”

That’s it! I’ve had it! It’s time to pull out the big gun. I think I’ll buy some Benadryl and give my money a good run.

You’ll not know what hit you, after you drink your evening tea. It will be lights out dear husband and a good night’s sleep for me.

Oh how I Love you Benadryl, let me count the ways. One o’ clock, two o’clock heck this could go on for days.

I thank you dear doctor, your secret’s safe with me. I promise not to give him, more than one, or two, or three. ~Ames

**Please don't put Benadryl in your tea! The post was just for fun. Always consult your doctor before taking any over the counter medications in quantities other than indicated on the product packaging!~Ames

16 comments:

Decgal's Humble Abode said...

Ooooooohh.....mmmmmmyy......ggggggishhhh. I'm laughing soooo hard my side hurts. Thanks for the laugh. Decgal

alisonmillerwoods said...

Oh that was really funny. Just when I thought it was going one direction . . . then came the evening tea. (tee hee) Thank you for sharing that! (feeling the need now to go to the store and get some Benadryl)

Gattina said...

Lol, and I have a post about beds, maybe you should change ?
I am participating for the first time in Alphabet Thursday.

Julienne said...

This so goes with Gattina's post...I;m off to buy some Benadryl...do they have it in Australia I wonder!!!

CollectIn Texas Gal said...

Benadryl Tea...gotta look for that B stuff! Snore no More! Fun post for Letter B!

My name is PJ. said...

I've taken 2 Benadryl a night for years. It helps with post nasal drip, but it helps me to drift off to sleep too...and that's way more important to me.

Viki said...

I think it would be easier to just sleep in separate bedrooms lol.

JDaniel4's Mom said...

Will it add a strange taste to the tea?

Jackie said...

Your poem was excellent . A+

CCC said...

I'm so sure I don't snore but you should hear my cowboy. He says I snore worse than him but how in the world would he know?

Mumsy said...

Ha..I'm going to try Benadryl tea next time I am sick..just for a kick..Love this!

Jenny said...

Benadryl does the exact opposite thing to me. I get so wired I can't sleep for days if I take a full dose. A mistake I've only made twice.

Magnesium and melatonin work like magic for me.

Thanks for the fun post. I'm glad we got your link fixed!

Thanks for linking.

A+

PERMANENT POSIES said...

I love me some Benadryl! If my husband woke me up because I was snoring....he might get more than drugged...hahaha. Cute post!

Judie said...

Benedryl is my friend. Whenever I get REALLY tired, I snore. My husband takes benedryl, and he can sleep through my snoring! Of course, he isn't worth two cents in the morning, because he always has a Benedryl hangover. I, on the other hand, feel FINE!!

razzamadazzle said...

So funny--I have to admit that I do get that nice warm fuzzy feeling from Benadryl. I've never tried it to stop snoring!

Teresa

Pondside said...

Odd, but just today there was an article in the health section of our newspaper about Benadryl as a sleep aid. The doctor in the paper said that as long as it was taken as directed there were no concerns.